Five Minute Friday: Here
Here's the deal. Five Minute Friday. You go find the little prompt at the wonderful Lisa-Jo's blog, set the time and write for five minutes, and then just stop. Where you are, no edits, just publish raw words.

Here.

Where is here? Today here is everywhere. It's errand day and I have things to do. "Here" is at my kids' school for an awards ceremony.  "Here" is at lunch with my very best friend. "Here" is at the grocery store, buying enough food for the next two weeks, and then a brand new bike for my sweet 7 year old boy.  "Here" is at gymnastics, watching my 9 year old hot shot gymnast perfect her beam routine and practice her sole circle. "Here" is cuddled in bed with my husband, tickling and laughing and being loved.

Here I am, a 29 year old mother of 2 (.5) kids living the good life. Here I am in my jeans and my baseball shirt and my black chucks, looking all of 19.  Here I am, a Christian woman trying her best to share her faith and love for the Lord with her family, friends, and strangers too.  Here I sit, writing to you, longing for community and approval and kind words. Here I am worrying about my son... praying for my daughter... Living my life.

I like here. Here is good.  Let's stay here.

Stop.
4 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Here is good. Thank you for sharing.


  2. ~Maxine~ Says:

    Nice here... but to stay here is impossible, just know that as long as you are present here, now, the next here will be just as good. Because God is good. :)

    God bless.


  3. Debi Says:

    Oh yes, this was really wonderful. Honest and very much present "here". I enjoyed it so much. Thank you for sharing at FMF.



Post a Comment



  • I'm a wife. I'm a mom. I'm a photographer. I'm a lover of Jesus. My house is a mess, my kids are dirty, we eat take out more often than not. My life is loud, busy and crazy. And that's okay with me.

    This is Eric, the man you've been praying for. He's a paramedic. He quilts in his spare time. No, I couldn't make that up :) He has NASH (a form of liver disease, non-alcoholic) and diabetes, but those things don't define him. He's a man of God, an insanely wonderful husband, and the best daddy in the world.. Just ask these guys..

    Our daughter Ali, she's 9. She's fiercely opinionated and strong willed. She's a Daddy's girl, but the umbilical cord hasn't but cut from me, either. She's a gymnast, and proud of it. She spends more time upside down or turning flips than she does walking. She's crazy smart, and absolutely sure of it. She is my insufferable little know it all.

    Our son Dylan, 7. We lovingly refer to him as Chubs. Or Chubby. Or fat boy. Ahem. He is all boy, as you can see by his crazy wild energy. He has the highest pain tolerance of any child I have ever met. He plays soccer and does gymnastics, but truly he is a gamer, a nerd. He is an avid reader and loves to climb. Not to be outdone by his sister, he's a drama king, but to him, I'm the best mommy in the world.