A Whole Lotta Nothin'
Sometimes people post about nothing, right?  So that's what I'm going to do :)

I woke up with the kids this morning ( and by this morning I mean Tuesday morning) and got them ready for school, but I was super groggy so I asked Eric very nicely if he would get up and take them to school and he did because he is amazing.  I went back to sleep and had some crazy nightmare that I would rather not relive, however my daddy and I took the guy down, like smack down style, so there is that :D

After I woke up and ate I decided hey, I think I'll go exercise.  Several weeks ago I downloaded a couch to 5k app on my phone, but I never even opened after that.  But I've been reading Katie's posts over at Loves of Life, how she's trained for and is about to run a 5k, and I thought hey, why not?

Well, I have a heart condition, that's why not...

But never mind that, I'm on medication.  It isn't perfect but it does control my rhythm and rate fairly well and so off I went.  I started the program and it told me to walk a five minute warm up and then it told me to start running.  It was 8 intervals of running 60 seconds and walking 90.  I had to stop after interval four to get water and bring my heart rate down, but I said a little prayer and thought of Katie determined to finish.  As I reached number 6 I had gotten it into my head that it was 10 intervals, and I just didn't think I had it in me, but I kept screaming in my head 'you can do it, you can do it'.  As I finished number 8 I decided to call it quits and start the walk home when *BAM* it said 'slow pace to cool down'.  I smiled this huge goofy smile (the guy walking past me probably thought I was nuts).  I did it.  I finished.  I honestly couldn't believe it, but I did. And it felt. so. good.

So I trekked home and chugged some water and said goodbye to my husband for three days and went to get the kids from school.  The neighbor had her baby yesterday, so her 4 year old came to play for a little while this afternoon and the kids had fun with that.  Then we did homework and dinner and the kids and I played a couple of rounds of Halo on the xbox (don't judge me).  Also before dinner I went outside to try to get a halfway decent picture for my daily photo over at my photo blog, and this is what I got.  Feel free to go check out the rest of my pictures.  It would make a girl happy :D

And now here it is, 2 am and I've just finished up a 6 hour Halo marathon because I just don't get to do it that often, and occasionally I just don't want to be an adult.

Tomorrow Dylan has an eye appointment.  He's been complaining about his eyes for a while, but we weren't really sure if he was actually having trouble seeing or just being Dylan, but at his Kindergarten physical they said they were less than 20/20, so we're going to get him checked because he's been using my glasses to read his sight words because the print is apparently too small.  Or he's Dylan.  I guess we'll find out which tomorrow.

For now I think I'll watch an episode of Craig Ferguson and prepare to sleep for a few hours before the baby gets here.  Sweet dreams :D
0 Responses

Post a Comment



  • I'm a wife. I'm a mom. I'm a photographer. I'm a lover of Jesus. My house is a mess, my kids are dirty, we eat take out more often than not. My life is loud, busy and crazy. And that's okay with me.

    This is Eric, the man you've been praying for. He's a paramedic. He quilts in his spare time. No, I couldn't make that up :) He has NASH (a form of liver disease, non-alcoholic) and diabetes, but those things don't define him. He's a man of God, an insanely wonderful husband, and the best daddy in the world.. Just ask these guys..

    Our daughter Ali, she's 9. She's fiercely opinionated and strong willed. She's a Daddy's girl, but the umbilical cord hasn't but cut from me, either. She's a gymnast, and proud of it. She spends more time upside down or turning flips than she does walking. She's crazy smart, and absolutely sure of it. She is my insufferable little know it all.

    Our son Dylan, 7. We lovingly refer to him as Chubs. Or Chubby. Or fat boy. Ahem. He is all boy, as you can see by his crazy wild energy. He has the highest pain tolerance of any child I have ever met. He plays soccer and does gymnastics, but truly he is a gamer, a nerd. He is an avid reader and loves to climb. Not to be outdone by his sister, he's a drama king, but to him, I'm the best mommy in the world.