To write
This is another day where I feel compelled to write. I don't really know why. I think maybe it has something to do with all of these blog carnivals I've been doing lately. I wanted to do it because it's just so much fun, but I'm beginning to realize just how much traffic it's bringing to my blog. I know that a lot of people aren't reading anything more than the intended post. But a lot of people are. This morning before I crawled out of bed I started to pray. I think maybe it was an attempt to justify staying in bed just a bit longer, but I always love these morning conversations with God. I prayed that today I would do the best I could for Him. That everything I do will be for His glory. I didn't specifically pray the Prayer of Jabez, but that is very much how I feel. I feel that in all of this, my borders have been enlarged. And with that comes great responsibility. I started this blog for two reasons. To bring glory to God, and to tell my story. To speak for all of the victims and survivors of any kind of sexual violence who can't speak for themselves.

I love that I have made friends here. I love that I've been able to share my hurts, fears, and even laughs with all of you. And I hope that even in my own messed up way, I've been able to share my faith. I know I'm not the most transparent person when it comes to who I am. I remain as anonymous as I can because of the nature of this blog. However I pray that I am not transparent in anything else. I want to be as real as possible. I want you all to see me for who I am. Just an imperfect human who is trying to survive all the pain and hurt this world can bring, while still enjoying all the blessings God can give. So, those of you who are new coming here, welcome. Feel free to look around, start at the beginning of the story or just enjoy my wonderful decorating style while viewing pictures of my kiddos rooms. No matter what, I'm glad you're here. I'm glad you've stopped in, and I pray that something here, somewhere, somehow will touch someone, maybe you, and bring you closer to God. Because really, that's what I want. I want to be close to God. I want to find my way through all of this mess and find myself in His arms. And I want that for all of you too.
0 Responses

Post a Comment



  • I'm a wife. I'm a mom. I'm a photographer. I'm a lover of Jesus. My house is a mess, my kids are dirty, we eat take out more often than not. My life is loud, busy and crazy. And that's okay with me.

    This is Eric, the man you've been praying for. He's a paramedic. He quilts in his spare time. No, I couldn't make that up :) He has NASH (a form of liver disease, non-alcoholic) and diabetes, but those things don't define him. He's a man of God, an insanely wonderful husband, and the best daddy in the world.. Just ask these guys..

    Our daughter Ali, she's 9. She's fiercely opinionated and strong willed. She's a Daddy's girl, but the umbilical cord hasn't but cut from me, either. She's a gymnast, and proud of it. She spends more time upside down or turning flips than she does walking. She's crazy smart, and absolutely sure of it. She is my insufferable little know it all.

    Our son Dylan, 7. We lovingly refer to him as Chubs. Or Chubby. Or fat boy. Ahem. He is all boy, as you can see by his crazy wild energy. He has the highest pain tolerance of any child I have ever met. He plays soccer and does gymnastics, but truly he is a gamer, a nerd. He is an avid reader and loves to climb. Not to be outdone by his sister, he's a drama king, but to him, I'm the best mommy in the world.