Right now.
I've been planning on writing a new post for days now. I compose them in my head as I'm driving down the road, planning on typing it out when I get home, then something happens. Like last night when the power went out. Oh. Well. I got a hot bath in the dark by candle light, and some picking up done, too. Today is a different kind of day for me. My husband is chronically ill, and today is not a good day. Not at all. The kids are asking for candy, and I'm trying to convince them that they need lunch first. Ah, the fun.

I've been so depressed/busy lately that I've gotten behind on, well, pretty much everything. Laundry, cleaning, blogging, Bible studies, etc. So yesterday I spent three hours cleaning my house. I mainly cleaned the kids rooms, and my bedroom. I picked up the living room at 2 in the morning by candlelight, and I did clean the kitchen yesterday. My problem is that I'm so OCD that it isn't enough. There are cups sitting on the table and their driving me nuts. It doesn't matter that my kids are drinking out of them. They shouldn't be there. UGH. I just want some order. I get like this occasionally and it's irritating.

I did this once before, somewhere else. But this is what I'm doing 'right now'

Right now, I'm watching my three year old son spin in circles in the living room, repeatedly falling over, and giggling.

Right now I'm listening to my five year old daughter sing about her brother spinning and falling on his head, while she's laying on the carpet coloring.

Right now, the deadliest catch is on as background noise.

Right now, I'm trying to decide what is for lunch.

Right now, I'm texting back and forth with my best friend who is finally on her way home from work.

Right now, I'm thinking I should be up, doing laundry, cleaning the floors, cooking lunch, doing my Bible studies, or anything really that is productive.

Right now I'm thinking that I don't want to do any of those things. I want to put my kiddos down for a nap (they don't nap) and go crawl in the bed next to my husband, sit on my computer and play sims while I listen to him snore. I like to listen to his breathing, it's reassuring to me.

Right now, I guess I really am going to get up and do lunch, and maybe pick up some more.

See, I really am alive. Really.
1 Response
  1. Lyryn Says:

    You should get a recorder and take it with you. My mom does that. I actually want to do that because I forget all the things I want to write about. Think of it as an investment! ;)


Post a Comment



  • I'm a wife. I'm a mom. I'm a photographer. I'm a lover of Jesus. My house is a mess, my kids are dirty, we eat take out more often than not. My life is loud, busy and crazy. And that's okay with me.

    This is Eric, the man you've been praying for. He's a paramedic. He quilts in his spare time. No, I couldn't make that up :) He has NASH (a form of liver disease, non-alcoholic) and diabetes, but those things don't define him. He's a man of God, an insanely wonderful husband, and the best daddy in the world.. Just ask these guys..

    Our daughter Ali, she's 9. She's fiercely opinionated and strong willed. She's a Daddy's girl, but the umbilical cord hasn't but cut from me, either. She's a gymnast, and proud of it. She spends more time upside down or turning flips than she does walking. She's crazy smart, and absolutely sure of it. She is my insufferable little know it all.

    Our son Dylan, 7. We lovingly refer to him as Chubs. Or Chubby. Or fat boy. Ahem. He is all boy, as you can see by his crazy wild energy. He has the highest pain tolerance of any child I have ever met. He plays soccer and does gymnastics, but truly he is a gamer, a nerd. He is an avid reader and loves to climb. Not to be outdone by his sister, he's a drama king, but to him, I'm the best mommy in the world.