Not Me! Monday Edition 1.

Welcome to Not Me! Monday, where we can be brutally honest with each other, and live to tell about it. When you are finished here, head on over to MckMama's blog to see a list of more not Me's. You will be so glad you did! This is my first time doing a Not Me! Monday post, but I'm deliriously excited to get all the things I didn't do this week off my chest!

Lets start with this morning, shall we? I most certainly did not sleep until noon, listening to my kids play, fight, scream, and totally destroy my house in between snores. I would never leave my children unattended, no matter how tired I was. Nope. Not me.

Earlier in the week I didn't tell my kids 'you will have dinner, a bath, and go directly to bed' and then just skip the bath altogether and send my sunscreen smelling children to bed just to get an hour of peace and quiet!

One day when the family went out 'together' I didn't sneak off and leave my husband with the children so I could take 20 minutes to get a haircut. I wouldn't ever leave my family so I could fulfill my own selfish, manic, have to have it done right now, whims. Then after I got home I didn't decide that I wasn't really happy with the haircut and proceed to fix it myself with my husbands sewing scissors. Nope.

I'm not at this moment tickled pink that my mom just called and said she got her very first graduation invitation with a picture in it taken by the to be famous photographer, her daughter.. YAY. Oh wait, I mean, umm okay I can't lie about that one, I am tickled PINK!

I didn't feed my kids junk food most of the week just because I haven't been feeling great. I'm a good mother and I cook for them at every meal. I also bathe them every night, never allow them to play outside alone, digging in the dirt in the sun with no sunscreen. I never allow them to get away with murder. That would be a great disservice. Not me. :)

Coming back for one more. I most certainly did not sit in the parking lot of JoAnns fabrics and take pictures of the rain drops on the windshield. That would be nerdy. But just in case it isn't nerdy, here's a picture of what it would have looked like, had I actually taken the picture.
Okay I'm sure if my kids weren't screaming in my ear I would have time to actually think of some funny things that I didn't do this week, but I'm hungry and apparently my brain isn't functioning on its lack of food! So there you have it, I didn't do a single one of those things this week. Not me.
3 Responses
  1. vera Says:

    Welcome to Not Me Monday! I've spent a little time on your blog getting to know you, and have added you to my prayer list. I was molested when I was five years old and raped when I was eleven, I was broken through a lot of my teen years and felt some of those same things you've posted about. Please contact me if you ever want to talk.


  2. Lyryn Says:

    I feel like I have been all of those... I mean, I most certainly have NOT been all of those! ;)

    In all seriousness, I came across your blog and I was drawn in by your header. Though I have my own hurts and pains that differ from yours; I think we share the same end goal... breaking through the darkness to find out who we are in Christ Jesus and what God purpose and destiny for us truly is.

    I just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you, and will be following your extraordinary blog.



Post a Comment



  • I'm a wife. I'm a mom. I'm a photographer. I'm a lover of Jesus. My house is a mess, my kids are dirty, we eat take out more often than not. My life is loud, busy and crazy. And that's okay with me.

    This is Eric, the man you've been praying for. He's a paramedic. He quilts in his spare time. No, I couldn't make that up :) He has NASH (a form of liver disease, non-alcoholic) and diabetes, but those things don't define him. He's a man of God, an insanely wonderful husband, and the best daddy in the world.. Just ask these guys..

    Our daughter Ali, she's 9. She's fiercely opinionated and strong willed. She's a Daddy's girl, but the umbilical cord hasn't but cut from me, either. She's a gymnast, and proud of it. She spends more time upside down or turning flips than she does walking. She's crazy smart, and absolutely sure of it. She is my insufferable little know it all.

    Our son Dylan, 7. We lovingly refer to him as Chubs. Or Chubby. Or fat boy. Ahem. He is all boy, as you can see by his crazy wild energy. He has the highest pain tolerance of any child I have ever met. He plays soccer and does gymnastics, but truly he is a gamer, a nerd. He is an avid reader and loves to climb. Not to be outdone by his sister, he's a drama king, but to him, I'm the best mommy in the world.