My Shield
I don't really have a lot to say here. I'm doing well, for me. It's been a decent couple of days, followed by a rough couple of nights, but the nights are usually harder, so I guess we're even. I was going to blog more yesterday, but instead decided to spend the evening hanging out with my best friend/adopted sister. I love her so much. She hangs around here and helps me with the kids when my husband is working. We had a good time, and I actually slept last night. I guess my body had had enough, and I rested well.

Okay so, stroke of genius. I've been sitting here trying to decide what to blog about, and now I know. I've decided to upload some of my pictures to shutterstock.com. They pay you every time one of your photos is downloaded by someone else. Number one, we could use any extra money we can get. Number two, it makes me feel like I'm doing something with my 'talent'. Anyhow, I have to send them ten pictures for approval before I can upload, and I'm stuck. I don't know what to pick. So I'm just randomly going to upload pictures here and if you like them, let me know. And pick a favorite too. So, for your viewing enjoyment, again, here you go..
























































































































Okay, so my hands getting tired. Or I'm running out of pictures, or something, lol. I hope you like them. I should probably sleep since I have to be up so early in the morning. I hope you all are having a good night. And now I leave you with the lyrics to one of the songs on my play lists. I think I need it tonight.. Hope it helps someone out there..

Thou oh Lord, art a shield about me
You're my glory
You're the lifter of my head
Thou oh Lord, art a shield about me
You're my glory
You're the lifter of my head
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, you're the lifter of my head.

This song is taken from Psalm 3:3. Whenever I'm feeling afraid, vulnerable, hurt, I listen to this song. I play it over and over in my head and just remember that no matter what, he's my shield. Praise Him.

2 Responses
  1. Lyryn Says:

    Wow... love your pictures! So beautiful!


  2. Just Be Real Says:

    You are quoting one of my favorite songs, Shield About Me. Amen dear one! Lovely, lovely pictures!!!!!


Post a Comment



  • I'm a wife. I'm a mom. I'm a photographer. I'm a lover of Jesus. My house is a mess, my kids are dirty, we eat take out more often than not. My life is loud, busy and crazy. And that's okay with me.

    This is Eric, the man you've been praying for. He's a paramedic. He quilts in his spare time. No, I couldn't make that up :) He has NASH (a form of liver disease, non-alcoholic) and diabetes, but those things don't define him. He's a man of God, an insanely wonderful husband, and the best daddy in the world.. Just ask these guys..

    Our daughter Ali, she's 9. She's fiercely opinionated and strong willed. She's a Daddy's girl, but the umbilical cord hasn't but cut from me, either. She's a gymnast, and proud of it. She spends more time upside down or turning flips than she does walking. She's crazy smart, and absolutely sure of it. She is my insufferable little know it all.

    Our son Dylan, 7. We lovingly refer to him as Chubs. Or Chubby. Or fat boy. Ahem. He is all boy, as you can see by his crazy wild energy. He has the highest pain tolerance of any child I have ever met. He plays soccer and does gymnastics, but truly he is a gamer, a nerd. He is an avid reader and loves to climb. Not to be outdone by his sister, he's a drama king, but to him, I'm the best mommy in the world.