She's Making Progress

We saw the orthopedic surgeon today and it was pretty good news! She got her cast off and now she has 4 more weeks in a splint. It's cast on the bottom and then wrapped in an Ace bandage. The great thing about that is SHOWERS! Also after this week she can start taking it off a couple of hours a day to work on straightening it and gaining some mobility back. After 4 weeks we'll go back and they'll do a 5th set of x-rays and HOPEFULLY she will get the all clear to return (slowly) to normal activities. That would mean that she would get to do more than this at the gym....
 

If she doesn't have full mobility (or what a normal person would consider full mobility, her elbows bend backwards) in 4 weeks time, then we'll start physical therapy, however the doctor is almost certain it shouldn't be a problem. So excited to be on the road to recovery, because she is really starting to get jealous of all the girls in the gym who are tumbling and having fun while she's doing core exercises and leg training. And dance.  She can still dance :D 
0 Responses

Post a Comment



  • I'm a wife. I'm a mom. I'm a photographer. I'm a lover of Jesus. My house is a mess, my kids are dirty, we eat take out more often than not. My life is loud, busy and crazy. And that's okay with me.

    This is Eric, the man you've been praying for. He's a paramedic. He quilts in his spare time. No, I couldn't make that up :) He has NASH (a form of liver disease, non-alcoholic) and diabetes, but those things don't define him. He's a man of God, an insanely wonderful husband, and the best daddy in the world.. Just ask these guys..

    Our daughter Ali, she's 9. She's fiercely opinionated and strong willed. She's a Daddy's girl, but the umbilical cord hasn't but cut from me, either. She's a gymnast, and proud of it. She spends more time upside down or turning flips than she does walking. She's crazy smart, and absolutely sure of it. She is my insufferable little know it all.

    Our son Dylan, 7. We lovingly refer to him as Chubs. Or Chubby. Or fat boy. Ahem. He is all boy, as you can see by his crazy wild energy. He has the highest pain tolerance of any child I have ever met. He plays soccer and does gymnastics, but truly he is a gamer, a nerd. He is an avid reader and loves to climb. Not to be outdone by his sister, he's a drama king, but to him, I'm the best mommy in the world.