I'll Be Honest
I quit blogging. I don't know why. Life I guess. I wanted to start a blog that I could share with everyone, so I did. I wrote three posts, and promptly quit, and now I don't even remember the email I used to create the blog, much less the password. This makes me giggle at myself :)


So how ya been? No really, I want to know. If you're reading this, I want to know how you are. 


I'm good. Life is insanely crazy right now. Home school is fun, and it takes A LOT of discipline to make sure that EVERYTHING gets done. I'm not a disciplined person. We're learning.
 This bit turned 8. That was pretty big.

 Eric took a new job and is now a medic on an oil platform in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico. Somewhere. I'm actually rather jealous as he's getting pain a ridiculous amount of money to sit and do paperwork and watch movies and eat prime rib. It's a 2 week rotation, so he's home 2 weeks and gone 2 weeks and this is all very new to us. And while he isn't "deployed", I'm hearing that it is like that in some ways, like how the starter went out in my car the morning after he left, or how the dryer stopped working last night. So thankful my parents are near!


2 days after Christmas, and 5 minutes before an inner gym meet, Ali did a back handspring and broke her elbow. She didn't fall. She didn't land on her arm wrong. She just somehow broke her elbow. The working theory is that because she can hyper extend her elbows, she just went too far and the flexor muscle couldn't give any more and just ripped a hunk of bone off. She was such a trooper. So much so that she walked around with it like that for a week before we finally got it x-rayed.


I know. Mom of the year.

Here It Is That Night.


Here's the first xray, my stylin girl and her stylin cast!



Tuesday they'll do more x-rays and we'll know if it's healing properly or if she'll have to have surgery. Honestly we don't think it will heal properly, but because it had already been 2 weeks before we got to an ortho, they decided that it was worth a shot to see if it would. No reason in operating if there's no need to. So here's praying that it'll be just fine. :)


I guess that's it for now. I have to head out for evening service. Much love to all. Maybe I'm back this time <3 p="">
0 Responses

Post a Comment



  • I'm a wife. I'm a mom. I'm a photographer. I'm a lover of Jesus. My house is a mess, my kids are dirty, we eat take out more often than not. My life is loud, busy and crazy. And that's okay with me.

    This is Eric, the man you've been praying for. He's a paramedic. He quilts in his spare time. No, I couldn't make that up :) He has NASH (a form of liver disease, non-alcoholic) and diabetes, but those things don't define him. He's a man of God, an insanely wonderful husband, and the best daddy in the world.. Just ask these guys..

    Our daughter Ali, she's 9. She's fiercely opinionated and strong willed. She's a Daddy's girl, but the umbilical cord hasn't but cut from me, either. She's a gymnast, and proud of it. She spends more time upside down or turning flips than she does walking. She's crazy smart, and absolutely sure of it. She is my insufferable little know it all.

    Our son Dylan, 7. We lovingly refer to him as Chubs. Or Chubby. Or fat boy. Ahem. He is all boy, as you can see by his crazy wild energy. He has the highest pain tolerance of any child I have ever met. He plays soccer and does gymnastics, but truly he is a gamer, a nerd. He is an avid reader and loves to climb. Not to be outdone by his sister, he's a drama king, but to him, I'm the best mommy in the world.