Tangible Love
I said I was going to blog today, because no one can read your blog if there's nothing to read.  But honestly... this is just me procrastinating. I should be up cleaning the kitchen. I should be folding laundry. I should be doing just about anything other than sitting here on the couch blogging. I should be setting a better example for my children, whom I've just asked to clean their rooms.

But I'm not. I'm here.

I guess there's a reason, though I'm not sure what it is today. I woke up this morning and prayed, prayed fervently that I would be the person God wanted me to be today, that I would be purposeful and a good example, and I'm sitting here blogging :D

So I'm kinda hoping the reason I'm sitting here is that there's someone out there reading this today who's hurting.  I don't have anything profound to say, no wise words that make sense of the world or the hurt in your life.  But I do have love.  And comfort. I know what it's like to sit and feel alone, to feel like no one understands and you're scared and it hurts.  So today I'm here to say that if you are out there reading this, you're not alone.  And if you need some tangible proof of that, I'm here.  I'll listen, I'll talk, I'll pray, I'll even make you laugh if that's what you need.  I just don't want you to feel alone.  Even if you know in your heart that God is always there, sometimes you need someone who talks back.  So I'm here to be that person to you, since I'm needing that same kind of person for me!

<3 p="p">Court 
0 Responses

Post a Comment



  • I'm a wife. I'm a mom. I'm a photographer. I'm a lover of Jesus. My house is a mess, my kids are dirty, we eat take out more often than not. My life is loud, busy and crazy. And that's okay with me.

    This is Eric, the man you've been praying for. He's a paramedic. He quilts in his spare time. No, I couldn't make that up :) He has NASH (a form of liver disease, non-alcoholic) and diabetes, but those things don't define him. He's a man of God, an insanely wonderful husband, and the best daddy in the world.. Just ask these guys..

    Our daughter Ali, she's 9. She's fiercely opinionated and strong willed. She's a Daddy's girl, but the umbilical cord hasn't but cut from me, either. She's a gymnast, and proud of it. She spends more time upside down or turning flips than she does walking. She's crazy smart, and absolutely sure of it. She is my insufferable little know it all.

    Our son Dylan, 7. We lovingly refer to him as Chubs. Or Chubby. Or fat boy. Ahem. He is all boy, as you can see by his crazy wild energy. He has the highest pain tolerance of any child I have ever met. He plays soccer and does gymnastics, but truly he is a gamer, a nerd. He is an avid reader and loves to climb. Not to be outdone by his sister, he's a drama king, but to him, I'm the best mommy in the world.