Prayers For My Boy

See that kid?  That one right there with the dark hair that looks like, well, me?  I love that kid with all of my heart!  I love all three of them, so much. I can't imagine my life without them.

Right now, Anthony, my 14 year old nephew is living with us.  He has been with us all summer, and he's happy and settled here.  He suffers from PTSD due to his abusive step-father, and his dad (my brother) is a now single father who is an EMT/firefighter, works a part time job on the night shift, and is in school.  He's also not equipped to deal with an emotionally compromised teenage boy.

In order for him to stay here with us, he has to be able to attend school here.  But as of right now, that's not possible because he does not live with his legal guardian.  We've petitioned the school board for special permission for him to attend school in our district, and now we're waiting to hear from the superintendent of schools.  I ask that you please, please be in prayer with us about this.

I know that prayer is such a powerful thing, and I ask that when you speak to our Heavenly Father that you remember this sweet kid, and just ask that if it's God's will that he be here with us, that he'll be able to attend school in our district this year.  Also pray that Eric and I can be what he needs us to be, that we can love him and give him everything that he needs to succeed, that we can be able to deal with his emotional issues, and that we will all thrive in this situation.

Thank you all so much.  I love you all.
Court
1 Response
  1. Reese Says:

    Awe, sweet Anthony! I am praying for this situation right now. I can feel your heart in this post, Courtney. xo


Post a Comment



  • I'm a wife. I'm a mom. I'm a photographer. I'm a lover of Jesus. My house is a mess, my kids are dirty, we eat take out more often than not. My life is loud, busy and crazy. And that's okay with me.

    This is Eric, the man you've been praying for. He's a paramedic. He quilts in his spare time. No, I couldn't make that up :) He has NASH (a form of liver disease, non-alcoholic) and diabetes, but those things don't define him. He's a man of God, an insanely wonderful husband, and the best daddy in the world.. Just ask these guys..

    Our daughter Ali, she's 9. She's fiercely opinionated and strong willed. She's a Daddy's girl, but the umbilical cord hasn't but cut from me, either. She's a gymnast, and proud of it. She spends more time upside down or turning flips than she does walking. She's crazy smart, and absolutely sure of it. She is my insufferable little know it all.

    Our son Dylan, 7. We lovingly refer to him as Chubs. Or Chubby. Or fat boy. Ahem. He is all boy, as you can see by his crazy wild energy. He has the highest pain tolerance of any child I have ever met. He plays soccer and does gymnastics, but truly he is a gamer, a nerd. He is an avid reader and loves to climb. Not to be outdone by his sister, he's a drama king, but to him, I'm the best mommy in the world.