Chaos
My life is in a constant state of Chaos.  There is nearly always a pile of clean laundry lying somewhere, the floors have not been mopped, there are dishes in the sink and the trash is overflowing.  I've not opened my Bible in weeks, I nearly never pray, and I've not blogged in how long?  Problem is, those are things I really want to do.  I just keep letting things get in the way.  Or at least, I let excuses get in the way.

There are probably several reasons why my life is always so chaotic.  Being bipolar helps nothing, as I get easily distracted (I am currently writing this post sitting on my bed surrounded by the laundry I should be folding) and I think the biggest thing is that I never learned how to live on a schedule.  Ever.  In high school I literally had to make it to school, to work (my senior year) and home.  Anything other than that (and church) was a free for all.  And then I went to college and barely survived.  I've never been able to do anything on schedule, and it's really messed things up around me.

So this year I'm working on my one word.  Last year was a powerful year of healing and growth, and now I want to take the next step: being a human again :)  And by that I mean I want to function.  I want to be purposeful in my life.  I'll never be Dolores Jane Umbridge, but I would like at least a little order in our lives.

Therefore I'm working on a schedule of sorts.  Some sort of guideline to keep our lives moving, so to speak.

I don't know that it'll work, but hopefully I can get back into the swing of things, and stay there.  Some of my goals include getting back to running, writing and blogging.  I need to deal with my serious apathetic attitude towards my spiritual life (and my children's for that matter) and I'd like to have a little more sanity at home.  Like, I'd like to be able to walk through the living room and not trip five times.  I'd also like there to be clean cups when I need one, and clean underwear at any given time.  Ahem.

So wish me luck as I try to make sense of the chaos that is my life.  And hopefully you'll hear from me a little more, too :D
1 Response
  1. Mallory Says:

    Good luck, love! Praying for you! <3


Post a Comment



  • I'm a wife. I'm a mom. I'm a photographer. I'm a lover of Jesus. My house is a mess, my kids are dirty, we eat take out more often than not. My life is loud, busy and crazy. And that's okay with me.

    This is Eric, the man you've been praying for. He's a paramedic. He quilts in his spare time. No, I couldn't make that up :) He has NASH (a form of liver disease, non-alcoholic) and diabetes, but those things don't define him. He's a man of God, an insanely wonderful husband, and the best daddy in the world.. Just ask these guys..

    Our daughter Ali, she's 9. She's fiercely opinionated and strong willed. She's a Daddy's girl, but the umbilical cord hasn't but cut from me, either. She's a gymnast, and proud of it. She spends more time upside down or turning flips than she does walking. She's crazy smart, and absolutely sure of it. She is my insufferable little know it all.

    Our son Dylan, 7. We lovingly refer to him as Chubs. Or Chubby. Or fat boy. Ahem. He is all boy, as you can see by his crazy wild energy. He has the highest pain tolerance of any child I have ever met. He plays soccer and does gymnastics, but truly he is a gamer, a nerd. He is an avid reader and loves to climb. Not to be outdone by his sister, he's a drama king, but to him, I'm the best mommy in the world.