I Survived!
So the day is settling down and the kids and sleeping and I've been waiting hours to write this post because I'm a total nerd.

So although it was cold and I generally wasn't in a great mood, I went for a run anyhow.  Okay, I don't think I can actually qualify it as a run, yet, but still.  I did day 2 of the couch to 5k program, and I FINISHED.  Once again I stopped halfway for about 3 minutes and let my heart rate come down, but honestly, it was easier today. (is that even possible?!)  And I felt good walking home, not like I was going to die.  I'm so excited!  I honestly can't wait to get out there and try it again on Saturday.  I just hope my heart will be able to handle it as the intervals lengthen, because I'm ubber excited to be a 'runner', because it's something that I never, ever thought I would be.

I've honestly always been afraid to try.  But as the year ends, I'm reminded of my oneword2011.  Fearless.  So I'm going to do this full on, unafraid of failure, because even being able to run a little is a victory for me.

So, bring it on Saturday.  I will kick your butt!

Oh, and to entice you to read this post, here's a totally unrelated picture of my children at their purest form... ignoring mommy :D
1 Response
  1. Martin Long Says:

    Good luck with your Couch to 5K journey. It's not always easy, but don't give up.


Post a Comment



  • I'm a wife. I'm a mom. I'm a photographer. I'm a lover of Jesus. My house is a mess, my kids are dirty, we eat take out more often than not. My life is loud, busy and crazy. And that's okay with me.

    This is Eric, the man you've been praying for. He's a paramedic. He quilts in his spare time. No, I couldn't make that up :) He has NASH (a form of liver disease, non-alcoholic) and diabetes, but those things don't define him. He's a man of God, an insanely wonderful husband, and the best daddy in the world.. Just ask these guys..

    Our daughter Ali, she's 9. She's fiercely opinionated and strong willed. She's a Daddy's girl, but the umbilical cord hasn't but cut from me, either. She's a gymnast, and proud of it. She spends more time upside down or turning flips than she does walking. She's crazy smart, and absolutely sure of it. She is my insufferable little know it all.

    Our son Dylan, 7. We lovingly refer to him as Chubs. Or Chubby. Or fat boy. Ahem. He is all boy, as you can see by his crazy wild energy. He has the highest pain tolerance of any child I have ever met. He plays soccer and does gymnastics, but truly he is a gamer, a nerd. He is an avid reader and loves to climb. Not to be outdone by his sister, he's a drama king, but to him, I'm the best mommy in the world.