My baby

The Love Something Chronic campaign is my baby.  When I came up for the idea in November of 2009, I was so excited to have Jen Sparks and my bestest friend ever, Stacey, help me flesh it all out. I loved watching all of the details come together, but most of all, I loved giving.  I still love giving.  Most of all, I love giving hope.  It's the most satisfying thing of all, to share the hope and love of Christ with other hurting and broken souls.

In the beginning I was afraid.  I was afraid that no one else would care, that it wouldn't grow, that I wouldn't have the resources to do what I wanted to do, what I felt was needed.  I was afraid of failure.  I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to make a change.  We're just a few women in a world full of ugliness and hurt.  What can we do?  I was afraid that it just wouldn't be enough.

But this year, well this year is different. Jen introduced me to Alece over Grit & Glory, and her campaign, One Word 2011.  You can read more about that here.

My word this year is fearless.  And I am determined that I will live fearlessly.  I will love fearlessly.

And so I am not afraid anymore.  If it is just us three giving and helping and loving (though I am certain that it won't be), then the three of us will give hope to as many women as we can, one gift, one holiday, one random act of kindness at a time.  To be able to focus more completely on Love Something Chronic, I (with the suggestion from Jen, of course) decided to start a site dedicated completely to spreading the word of what we're trying to do.  So, hop on over to see us @ lovesomethingchronic.wordpress.com and please, please, please, if you can help, do!  And spread the word to all of your friends.  Use twitter, your blogs, facebook, whatever you can to get the word out there, and maybe, just maybe, we can spread a little love and a whole lotta hope to the hurting and broken women of our world.
0 Responses

Post a Comment



  • I'm a wife. I'm a mom. I'm a photographer. I'm a lover of Jesus. My house is a mess, my kids are dirty, we eat take out more often than not. My life is loud, busy and crazy. And that's okay with me.

    This is Eric, the man you've been praying for. He's a paramedic. He quilts in his spare time. No, I couldn't make that up :) He has NASH (a form of liver disease, non-alcoholic) and diabetes, but those things don't define him. He's a man of God, an insanely wonderful husband, and the best daddy in the world.. Just ask these guys..

    Our daughter Ali, she's 9. She's fiercely opinionated and strong willed. She's a Daddy's girl, but the umbilical cord hasn't but cut from me, either. She's a gymnast, and proud of it. She spends more time upside down or turning flips than she does walking. She's crazy smart, and absolutely sure of it. She is my insufferable little know it all.

    Our son Dylan, 7. We lovingly refer to him as Chubs. Or Chubby. Or fat boy. Ahem. He is all boy, as you can see by his crazy wild energy. He has the highest pain tolerance of any child I have ever met. He plays soccer and does gymnastics, but truly he is a gamer, a nerd. He is an avid reader and loves to climb. Not to be outdone by his sister, he's a drama king, but to him, I'm the best mommy in the world.