Randomnesssss
I'm not sure about the rest of the country, but the flu is going around something awful here.  And it's not just the flu.  It's like the flu on crack with a homicidal mission.  We have all been sick for over a week.  And it has kicked our butts.  In the past week we've spent countless dollars on over the counter meds, doctors visits, chest xrays, thermometers, prescriptions, etc.  Its been a fun week, let me tell ya.  Eric got sick first, and then it all went down hill from there.  I kept telling the kids to stay away from Daddy so they didn't get sick, and it was so funny because Tuesday morning Dylan walked into our room and says 'Daddy I didn't even touch you and I'm sick!' and storms out.  Later that day his fever reached nearly 106 and things got a bit hairy.  Luckily we were able to control the fever with baths, several Popsicles, and a strict rotation of tylenol and motrin.  Poor kid still has a cough.  Eric and I are both on antibiotics to prevent pneumonia, and I'm still feeling the yuck.  I'll be glad to rejoin the world of the living, that's for sure!

Other than the flu trying to murder us all, we've been doing okay.  Things have been hectic with me being sick, and my house nearly swallowed me whole.  Thankfully I have a fantastic husband who spent most of yesterday cleaning and trying to regain control of the situation.  I managed to clean my room and bathroom, and part of the living room.  He pretty much did everything else.  The kids did nothing, but then hey, why start now? :)

I don't have a whole lot to say, but getting back into blogging has been on my mind a lot lately.  For a while I think I quit writing because I wasn't sure anyone was really reading anymore.  I don't have much interesting to say.  I sit at home with my crazy kids all day, and occasionally I clean or do laundry.  I lead an exciting life, let me tell you.  I guess, though, that that is something to write about.  My life is uneventful.  Who ever would have thought that was possible?  I mean, my life is eventful, but in normal my-kid-flooded-the-bathroom sort of ways.  There has been a crazy lack of drama in my life and I'm so thankful for that because I'm pretty much drama'd out.  For. Real.

The only other thing I really have to say today is that I miss my friends.  I know you guys know who you are.  The night crew.  You're missed.  I hate that we don't get to talk every day anymore, and I think we let too much time go in between conversations until we just don't talk anymore.  So if you're reading this, I love you girls.

Shout out to my dragonfly and the chunk O' love :D
2 Responses
  1. aimymichelle Says:

    i REALLY miss the night crew it makes my heart really sad. and i love you and miss you!


  2. Tracie Nall Says:

    A lack of drama is always a good thing...even if it makes for a writing drought.

    I hope all that yuckiness leaves your house quickly!


Post a Comment



  • I'm a wife. I'm a mom. I'm a photographer. I'm a lover of Jesus. My house is a mess, my kids are dirty, we eat take out more often than not. My life is loud, busy and crazy. And that's okay with me.

    This is Eric, the man you've been praying for. He's a paramedic. He quilts in his spare time. No, I couldn't make that up :) He has NASH (a form of liver disease, non-alcoholic) and diabetes, but those things don't define him. He's a man of God, an insanely wonderful husband, and the best daddy in the world.. Just ask these guys..

    Our daughter Ali, she's 9. She's fiercely opinionated and strong willed. She's a Daddy's girl, but the umbilical cord hasn't but cut from me, either. She's a gymnast, and proud of it. She spends more time upside down or turning flips than she does walking. She's crazy smart, and absolutely sure of it. She is my insufferable little know it all.

    Our son Dylan, 7. We lovingly refer to him as Chubs. Or Chubby. Or fat boy. Ahem. He is all boy, as you can see by his crazy wild energy. He has the highest pain tolerance of any child I have ever met. He plays soccer and does gymnastics, but truly he is a gamer, a nerd. He is an avid reader and loves to climb. Not to be outdone by his sister, he's a drama king, but to him, I'm the best mommy in the world.