Nerd.
So, I'm not sure that any of you know this, but I, apparently, am a nerd. Shock, I know. (shut up, Jen, just shut up) I've spent my whole life (well, okay, the first 25 years or so of it) trying to not be a nerd. Trying to be cool, to fit in, to not stand out. I didn't wear black in high school because lets face it, if you wear black you're a devil worshiper and that's just no good for Christian girls, now is it? I didn't listen to too much rock music, and if I did, I did it in hiding. (not that rock is nerdy, but I'm going somewhere with this, I swear) I was cool. I was hip (did I really just say that? *shakes head*) . I actually got B's on exams because destroying the curve for everyone else was a bad, bad thing. I'm literally laughing at myself right now. Sheesh.

I look back now and realize that I was never cool. I was never popular. I was such a dork. I wish I could post pictures of me from middle and high school. It was... bad. However my senior year I think I got things figured out for the most part, and I was really cute (only I was lazy, so no one could tell). I just wasn't popular because, well, because I didn't like the popular people, they were mean and shallow and drug addicts. Ha. I just hung out with the pot heads instead. At least they were down to earth :D Still laughing at myself.

Annnnyhow I swear there was a point to this post. I'm just not sure what it was. ha. I think I started writing because I've spent the whole day sitting at my computer watching youtube videos and reading blogs written by some of my favorite artists, who also happen to be nerds. And tomorrow will be *squeezes eyes shut tight and hopes she can't hear everyone laughing* my DnD debut. Oh Dungeons and Dragons, how I loathe thee. I've had to come up with a character (the poor thing) and have spent countless hours trying to develop her personality and such. I won't even tell you what all that's involved because then you might tip me upside down and give me a swirly hehe :) I'd just like to say thank you to all the little people I had to step on to get here. So, thank you Begley's for destroying my image and ruining my life. I owe it all to you.
1 Response
  1. Lyryn Says:

    Last I checked... I'm pretty sure nerds were cool. I'm one...I know I married one.... So here is to being a nerd!!!!


Post a Comment



  • I'm a wife. I'm a mom. I'm a photographer. I'm a lover of Jesus. My house is a mess, my kids are dirty, we eat take out more often than not. My life is loud, busy and crazy. And that's okay with me.

    This is Eric, the man you've been praying for. He's a paramedic. He quilts in his spare time. No, I couldn't make that up :) He has NASH (a form of liver disease, non-alcoholic) and diabetes, but those things don't define him. He's a man of God, an insanely wonderful husband, and the best daddy in the world.. Just ask these guys..

    Our daughter Ali, she's 9. She's fiercely opinionated and strong willed. She's a Daddy's girl, but the umbilical cord hasn't but cut from me, either. She's a gymnast, and proud of it. She spends more time upside down or turning flips than she does walking. She's crazy smart, and absolutely sure of it. She is my insufferable little know it all.

    Our son Dylan, 7. We lovingly refer to him as Chubs. Or Chubby. Or fat boy. Ahem. He is all boy, as you can see by his crazy wild energy. He has the highest pain tolerance of any child I have ever met. He plays soccer and does gymnastics, but truly he is a gamer, a nerd. He is an avid reader and loves to climb. Not to be outdone by his sister, he's a drama king, but to him, I'm the best mommy in the world.