Stream of near consciousness :D
It always feels like it's been forever since I've blogged, and then I look and it's really not been that long. To say the least, things have been busy and stressful. Christmas is coming, and I've not done a thing, to be honest. I've not bought anything for the kids, and the things that other people have bought for them, I've not wrapped. I know, this coming week is going to suck! But that's okay, I guess it'll give me something to keep me busy.





I've been needing to get away for a while. There has been a lot of stress, tension, and hurt going around in our family (not my little family, but you know) and I was really burning out. I was so exhausted, my sleep just wasn't restful, and I was having a hard time eating. Everything was literally just get through the day. I was so exhausted that even though I knew I needed to get away, I was dreading this weekend.





See, this weekend, Eric's mom got remarried. I was stressed out because honestly it's a 12 hour drive and Eric was... a little stressed/worried about the whole thing and we pretty much knew it would just be a disaster. (I really couldn't explain it to you if I tried) I've known we were coming since July. I put it off, and put it off, and to be honest although I knew the wedding was December 18th, I had it in my mind on December 15th that it was still a long time away. And then it was time to pack and load the kids in the car and I really just didn't want to do this. I drove most of the 12 hour trip (like, you know, 11 hours) and I was exhausted when we got to the hotel. I just wanted to crawl into bed, but to be honest, I was expecting the hotel to be, well, not so great.





I walked into the room, and it isn't a room at all. It's a suite with a full kitchen, living room, bedroom and bath. It's amazing. There's a leather couch and flatscreen TV in the living room, and the kitchen has stainless steel appliances with a full fridge and everything. I'd like to take the bathtub home with me. The bedroom is huge, and when I crawled up on the bed for the first time, I didn't want to get out. I was dreading this trip, but when we walked in I was like oh we get to spend three glorious nights here. When we went out the back door, we were right on the lake. It's flipping beautiful. The whole weekend has been stress free and full of fun and laughter. I'm so glad we came. The kids had a blast playing with their cousins, and now they have two new cousins and they are so excited. They had so much fun that we ran out of clothes for them because every time I turned around they were playing in the sand or sneaking in to the freezing cold lake. I had to wash clothes in the tub TWICE!



I'm sitting here now at the bar watching a movie while Eric sleeps. We were going to stay until morning and leave early, but we've decided to go ahead and leave tonight and drive over night so the kids can sleep and I can not listen to them fight :) I'm kind of sad to go, because it's just so fantastic here, but this morning we all woke up feeling yuck so we want to go ahead and head home because Eric has to work Tuesday and wants some time to rest. So Eric is resting and the kids are making me nuts and I'm here writing because I had nothing else to do.

And now I'm off to finish packing things up and cleaning some things up before we go. I hope you guys have a fantastic week and a very merry Christmas!
0 Responses

Post a Comment



  • I'm a wife. I'm a mom. I'm a photographer. I'm a lover of Jesus. My house is a mess, my kids are dirty, we eat take out more often than not. My life is loud, busy and crazy. And that's okay with me.

    This is Eric, the man you've been praying for. He's a paramedic. He quilts in his spare time. No, I couldn't make that up :) He has NASH (a form of liver disease, non-alcoholic) and diabetes, but those things don't define him. He's a man of God, an insanely wonderful husband, and the best daddy in the world.. Just ask these guys..

    Our daughter Ali, she's 9. She's fiercely opinionated and strong willed. She's a Daddy's girl, but the umbilical cord hasn't but cut from me, either. She's a gymnast, and proud of it. She spends more time upside down or turning flips than she does walking. She's crazy smart, and absolutely sure of it. She is my insufferable little know it all.

    Our son Dylan, 7. We lovingly refer to him as Chubs. Or Chubby. Or fat boy. Ahem. He is all boy, as you can see by his crazy wild energy. He has the highest pain tolerance of any child I have ever met. He plays soccer and does gymnastics, but truly he is a gamer, a nerd. He is an avid reader and loves to climb. Not to be outdone by his sister, he's a drama king, but to him, I'm the best mommy in the world.