Car Wrecks
So, I've kinda been taking a blog hiatus. Really, I've been taking a life hiatus. We spent the past week on vacation, several of those days being spent at the beach. It was truly amazing. We are home now, and life is back in full swing, or something.

For reference purposes, we got home about 5:30 Sunday morning. Yesterday afternoon at about 5:30 (that would be Monday, a mere 36 hours after returning home), Stacey, my Mother, and I were in a car accident. We were in my Dad's truck, and Stacey was driving. One of the tires lost pressure, we fish tailed, and wound up in the woods, rolling over on our side, hitting some tress, and then landing upright again. It all happened very quickly, yet I'm amazed at how much time I had to think while it was happening. Actually I didn't think much, because I curled up in a ball and threw my hands over my head, squeezing my eyes shut as tightly as I could. I figured if a tree was going to come through and impale me, I didn't want to see it coming. Yeah.

Stacey and I are fine, neither of us were injured at all, save a stick neck for me. Mom, however, wasn't so lucky. We were less than a mile away from my house. She had dropped something, and taken off her seatbelt to get it. In the few seconds it took her to get it, we wrecked. She hit the side window face first, busting it out. Her right shoulder dislocated and fractured, and her eyes are both very swollen, the left one being swollen completely shut. She has a huge bruise on her left shoulder, and her right hand is very swollen, though not broken. They let her come home from the hospital last night after they were able to successfully reduce her shoulder, and we were all very thankful that surgery wasn't required.

It has been a very stressful few days, but we are so thankful that everyone is relatively okay. I imagined when I came back to blogging I would share something profound, but the only thing I've got for you is this: always, always wear your seatbelt. It's not safe to take it off, not even for a second.

Prayers for mom's recovery are greatly appreciated. Love to you all.

Court
3 Responses
  1. Unknown Says:

    Wow. Praying right now.


  2. Erin Says:

    Oh my, Court!!! I am glad that everyone is (relatively) okay. That is CRAZY!!!!

    I love you, girl!

    Erin


  3. noahpoco Says:

    Mimi is a champ, and an awesome window breaker :)- love you beautimusful.


Post a Comment



  • I'm a wife. I'm a mom. I'm a photographer. I'm a lover of Jesus. My house is a mess, my kids are dirty, we eat take out more often than not. My life is loud, busy and crazy. And that's okay with me.

    This is Eric, the man you've been praying for. He's a paramedic. He quilts in his spare time. No, I couldn't make that up :) He has NASH (a form of liver disease, non-alcoholic) and diabetes, but those things don't define him. He's a man of God, an insanely wonderful husband, and the best daddy in the world.. Just ask these guys..

    Our daughter Ali, she's 9. She's fiercely opinionated and strong willed. She's a Daddy's girl, but the umbilical cord hasn't but cut from me, either. She's a gymnast, and proud of it. She spends more time upside down or turning flips than she does walking. She's crazy smart, and absolutely sure of it. She is my insufferable little know it all.

    Our son Dylan, 7. We lovingly refer to him as Chubs. Or Chubby. Or fat boy. Ahem. He is all boy, as you can see by his crazy wild energy. He has the highest pain tolerance of any child I have ever met. He plays soccer and does gymnastics, but truly he is a gamer, a nerd. He is an avid reader and loves to climb. Not to be outdone by his sister, he's a drama king, but to him, I'm the best mommy in the world.