My Girl
This is my girl.


She is six now.

Going on 16.

She loves to ride her bike (without training wheels), play on the computer, her DS, or any other electronic device, dig in the dirt, and fight with her "mean brother"

She loves to draw and listen to music. She likes a bit of everything, though her favorite artists are Taylor Swift, Miranda Cosgrove, Amy Lee, Victoria Justice, and the idiots from Big Time Rush >.<
She loves to play keyboard, and if you let her sit long enough at it, she makes up her own songs.
She is into all things teeny bopper (read iCarly, Big Time Rush, Victorious, Taylor Swift, etc)
She's loyal, and she loves her God fiercely.
She loves to swim, or just plain get wet.


She's a Mother Hen. She spends her days doing things like this.

She generally has an attitude, and a smart mouth to boot...


But today, she was oh so sweet.

And I love her oh so much!

Today was her awards ceremony for the third nine weeks grading period. She received two awards: The Star Student Award (for all S's), and The Most Outstanding Reader Award. That's my girl. After the ceremony I went and had lunch with her (and by that I mean I sat with her while she ate). She was so sweet and giggly, which apparently she's *never* giggly at school. She's quiet, shy, the perfect angel child. Ummm... are we sure we're talking about my child?

This child?


This goofy little girl who is bossy and tells EVERYONE what to do?

My daughter an angel?

Ha.

But at least she can behave in public...

Anyhow.

We spent most of the day together and it was just so much fun. She was so sweet to her Momma and even though I know she was sucking up to get out of sleeping in her bed, she said to me "Mommy I want to lay with you bc you're just so special!"

Yeah.

Anyhow. This is my girl.

And I couldn't think of anything better to talk about for my 200th post!
1 Response
  1. Anonymous Says:

    You are both incredibly beautiful!!!!! I've been trying to get my little one's version of a Taylor Swift song on Facebook, whenever I get it done, you'll have to become my friend there, so you can watch it!!


Post a Comment



  • I'm a wife. I'm a mom. I'm a photographer. I'm a lover of Jesus. My house is a mess, my kids are dirty, we eat take out more often than not. My life is loud, busy and crazy. And that's okay with me.

    This is Eric, the man you've been praying for. He's a paramedic. He quilts in his spare time. No, I couldn't make that up :) He has NASH (a form of liver disease, non-alcoholic) and diabetes, but those things don't define him. He's a man of God, an insanely wonderful husband, and the best daddy in the world.. Just ask these guys..

    Our daughter Ali, she's 9. She's fiercely opinionated and strong willed. She's a Daddy's girl, but the umbilical cord hasn't but cut from me, either. She's a gymnast, and proud of it. She spends more time upside down or turning flips than she does walking. She's crazy smart, and absolutely sure of it. She is my insufferable little know it all.

    Our son Dylan, 7. We lovingly refer to him as Chubs. Or Chubby. Or fat boy. Ahem. He is all boy, as you can see by his crazy wild energy. He has the highest pain tolerance of any child I have ever met. He plays soccer and does gymnastics, but truly he is a gamer, a nerd. He is an avid reader and loves to climb. Not to be outdone by his sister, he's a drama king, but to him, I'm the best mommy in the world.