Send it to God Saturday.
So, I have a hard time remembering to pray. I know, horrible. I also forget to read and study, I cant control my tongue, and I'm all around, at the moment, a mediocre Christian. I hate that. But I'm trying to do better. I'm reading through the Bible this year, if it kills me. ;) That's a joke. I spent an hour or more today writing verses on note cards to put up around my house today to remind me of God and help us all commit scripture to memory. I'm trying. I think that's the point. I think. Someone once told me that we are called to be living sacrifices. The problem with living sacrifices is that they often crawl off the altar. And so it is with me, I have to start new, several times a day. But that's the great thing about God! He wipes our slate clean whenever we ask for forgiveness. He's so cool like that. Gosh, I'm getting off topic.

Prayer. I have a hard time remembering to pray. Especially when I tell someone 'I'll pray for you'. And I would like to remedy that. So I'm starting a new blog carnival. Ish. Type thing. :) I'm going to post a post every Saturday titled 'Send it to God Saturday' and in it will be a prayer request, or three or 500, depending on what's going on :) And then I'll ask you to do the same in the comments of that post. I was going to do a MckLinky thing, but then I thought that there may be people who don't want to link, or maybe it's something they need prayers for that they don't want on their blog, etc. IDK, maybe in the end, we'll do both. Either way, I'll read through and pray about them all, and perhaps others will do the same.

James 5:11 The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.

It's late and this isn't eloquent and I have no idea what else to say :) So I'm just going to shut up now :) But please, if there is something you want to ask prayers for, don't hesitate to. This is a judgement free zone! Also, feel free to add your requests throughout the week, it doesn't have to be limited to Saturday, I'm just going to be posting on Saturdays :)

And I almost forgot my prayer request! As you all know we've been dealing with Eric's health issues for almost 4 years now. We've not ever gotten any real answers, and no relief at all. Eric's mom, for a few years now, has been mentioning Lupus. She has it, and so she kept bringing it up to Eric. Recently his sister was diagnosed, so we started doing some research. Turns out, it would explain a lot of his symptoms! Especially the headaches, and even the unexplainable meningitis he had in the fall! We aren't sure whether or not we should be scared or excited. Lupus isn't a great thing to have, but it is manageable. So, prayers for wisdom and peace and answers are greatly appreciated!
4 Responses
  1. Renee Says:

    Hey, I'll totally join in! Great idea to pray through them as you read them.

    My request would be for my husband and his father's, Freddy, who has colon cancer. And most of all, that God would speak clearly and loudly (haha!) to Alejandro (my husband) about how to best minister to his family from so far away. (They live in Costa Rica.)

    Thanks Courtney! Prayin' for Eric right now! (Alejandro's mom has lupus as well...)

    Love,
    Renee


  2. Tia Says:

    Love this idea. It does help when we have something visible to remind us what to pray for.

    My request this weekend is for stress relief, especially at work.



  3. Anonymous Says:

    Prayer life is tough! I think it takes mindful practice. Hang in there Court! :)


Post a Comment



  • I'm a wife. I'm a mom. I'm a photographer. I'm a lover of Jesus. My house is a mess, my kids are dirty, we eat take out more often than not. My life is loud, busy and crazy. And that's okay with me.

    This is Eric, the man you've been praying for. He's a paramedic. He quilts in his spare time. No, I couldn't make that up :) He has NASH (a form of liver disease, non-alcoholic) and diabetes, but those things don't define him. He's a man of God, an insanely wonderful husband, and the best daddy in the world.. Just ask these guys..

    Our daughter Ali, she's 9. She's fiercely opinionated and strong willed. She's a Daddy's girl, but the umbilical cord hasn't but cut from me, either. She's a gymnast, and proud of it. She spends more time upside down or turning flips than she does walking. She's crazy smart, and absolutely sure of it. She is my insufferable little know it all.

    Our son Dylan, 7. We lovingly refer to him as Chubs. Or Chubby. Or fat boy. Ahem. He is all boy, as you can see by his crazy wild energy. He has the highest pain tolerance of any child I have ever met. He plays soccer and does gymnastics, but truly he is a gamer, a nerd. He is an avid reader and loves to climb. Not to be outdone by his sister, he's a drama king, but to him, I'm the best mommy in the world.