I'm Behind, Yell at me to Catch up!
**Update** I am caught up! A couple of years ago my mom gave me the Bible on CD. I pulled it out tonight and listened until I was caught up, and found that it's much easier for me to do it that way :) hehe

Ha, here it is Renee, just for you :) Actually this post is for me. So a couple of weeks ago Renee started Mi Querida Biblia, a book club in which we read through the Bible in a year chronologically. I was stoked. I've been wanting to get back into the word, and I thought having others who were going to read it with me would help me keep on track. To be honest, I at least thought that I'd be embarrassed to fall behind... haha. But alas, fall behind I did.

Today is day 12 of our reading plan, and I am on day nine. I realize that it could be worse, but still. I've always had a hard time with Job. I'm really not sure why, but I've learned that if I read through it with an attitude (don't you laugh at me, try it) it helps :) I know, nerd. LOL.

Ahem. I have two IRL friends doing it with me and I thought that we would keep each other on track, but again, I was wrong! Only one of us (as far as I know) is on track. Stacey and I keep saying "we have to get caught up" and "start reading today" etc. But the truth is, I think we distract each other more than anything. I can't say that I haven't had the time. I'm a SAHM and I have all the time in the world. No, I'm not dissing SAHM mom's, I know they have the hardest job of all, but since we're being honest here, my laundry is backed up, there are dishes in the dishwasher and sink, and my house is a general mess. So I've certainly NOT been spending my time with my wifely chores :) Ahem.

So.

Someone, anyone, please.... yell at me to make me get caught up. The only way I'm going to do this is if I KNOW that someone is going to check up on me. Once I get in the habit, it won't be a problem, but for now, accountability is the only thing that's going to work. So, lets get to know each other, shall we? hehe

My name is Courtney and I'm the slacker procrastinator of the year. (this is where we all chime in and say "Hi Courtney" :))

Okay I'm done rambling now, I just really wanted to make ya'll smile, realize that you're not alone in being behind, and ask for a little fire lighting under my behind motivation from my fellow slackers :)

Much Love,
Court
3 Responses
  1. aimymichelle Says:

    i thought about doing that but i knew i'd fall behind royally haha so there went that idea.


  2. Renee Says:

    LOL!!! Love it, Court! :) Great post! Don't beat yourself up. Think of it this way... if on day 365, you were on day 362, would you be disapointed? I didn't think so. ;) So one day truly IS enough.

    Ok, so you asked for it... (lol) (Yelling.) Go read your Bible!!

    LOL!! Yeah, I'm a nerd too.

    It's super fun to get to know you!

    Love,
    Renee


  3. Cilla Says:

    GReat post... and well done for catching up.

    I've just printed this ... http://www.blueletterbible.org/reader/daily/PDF/Plan4.pdf so that I don't have any excuse for not knowing what I should be reading next.


Post a Comment



  • I'm a wife. I'm a mom. I'm a photographer. I'm a lover of Jesus. My house is a mess, my kids are dirty, we eat take out more often than not. My life is loud, busy and crazy. And that's okay with me.

    This is Eric, the man you've been praying for. He's a paramedic. He quilts in his spare time. No, I couldn't make that up :) He has NASH (a form of liver disease, non-alcoholic) and diabetes, but those things don't define him. He's a man of God, an insanely wonderful husband, and the best daddy in the world.. Just ask these guys..

    Our daughter Ali, she's 9. She's fiercely opinionated and strong willed. She's a Daddy's girl, but the umbilical cord hasn't but cut from me, either. She's a gymnast, and proud of it. She spends more time upside down or turning flips than she does walking. She's crazy smart, and absolutely sure of it. She is my insufferable little know it all.

    Our son Dylan, 7. We lovingly refer to him as Chubs. Or Chubby. Or fat boy. Ahem. He is all boy, as you can see by his crazy wild energy. He has the highest pain tolerance of any child I have ever met. He plays soccer and does gymnastics, but truly he is a gamer, a nerd. He is an avid reader and loves to climb. Not to be outdone by his sister, he's a drama king, but to him, I'm the best mommy in the world.