Chronic Long Distance Love

I know this is a long shot, but I'm putting it out there anyway, so that I can say that I did. The kids and I took the things to the shelter today and it sparked so much love in me. I want to do so much more. And now, the holiday is over, but I don't want to stop giving.

These women often leave their homes, children in tow, in fear for their lives. They have nothing but the clothes on their backs. Often times the children are forced to leave their things behind, no toys, in a strange place, scared to death. Sometimes there is no time to pack a diaper bag, no time, to do anything but get out. Sometimes it is the simple comforts of home, and knowing that their children are safe and provided for that gets them through. I can't imagine. I don't want to. But I do want to help.

Stacey and I are collecting things to donate to the local women's shelters. Toiletries, including razors, toot brushes, sanitary products, etc, paper goods, juice boxes, food, cleaning supplies, trash bags, towels, school supplies, toys, books, whatever. The every day things we take for granted. I know not many of you are in the area, but a few live here in NC, and a couple really close :). But if you feel led it give, and can't send actual things, gift cards are always great, and you can just contact me for my address, or even the address of the shelter, if you wanted. I just want to help, and I know I can't do it alone! But we are a large and strong community of God's daughters (and some sons, too), and we can be the change in these women's lives. And as always feel free to donate to your local shelter, too :) Thanks guys, much chronic love!


3 Responses
  1. Kaylan Says:

    I had no idea you were in NC...where?? I am very close to NC (depending on where) and would love to help!


  2. Anonymous Says:

    Very cool. Thanks for finding me again! I'm trying to figure out how to get my Blogger followers over to WordPress...as for that photo on my blog, no, I didn't take it, wish I did!


  3. Erin Says:

    Hey girl!! Sorry, I have been behind on my blog reading. You know I want to help! I need to scurry my butt on up the road and give you a monetary contribution. What did I call it the other day? Operation Dollar Drop-Off? lol

    PS- I missed you while I was watching NCIS yesterday :-)


Post a Comment



  • I'm a wife. I'm a mom. I'm a photographer. I'm a lover of Jesus. My house is a mess, my kids are dirty, we eat take out more often than not. My life is loud, busy and crazy. And that's okay with me.

    This is Eric, the man you've been praying for. He's a paramedic. He quilts in his spare time. No, I couldn't make that up :) He has NASH (a form of liver disease, non-alcoholic) and diabetes, but those things don't define him. He's a man of God, an insanely wonderful husband, and the best daddy in the world.. Just ask these guys..

    Our daughter Ali, she's 9. She's fiercely opinionated and strong willed. She's a Daddy's girl, but the umbilical cord hasn't but cut from me, either. She's a gymnast, and proud of it. She spends more time upside down or turning flips than she does walking. She's crazy smart, and absolutely sure of it. She is my insufferable little know it all.

    Our son Dylan, 7. We lovingly refer to him as Chubs. Or Chubby. Or fat boy. Ahem. He is all boy, as you can see by his crazy wild energy. He has the highest pain tolerance of any child I have ever met. He plays soccer and does gymnastics, but truly he is a gamer, a nerd. He is an avid reader and loves to climb. Not to be outdone by his sister, he's a drama king, but to him, I'm the best mommy in the world.