Not Me! Monday


There absolutely are NOT 5 children in this house ages 3 months, 2,3,4, and 5. I would never ever, EVER keep that many kids at one time. 2 of them aren't mine, and those two aren't my least favorite right now. Just saying.

4 of those 5 children aren't sick, right now.

In the last 2 days 4 of those 5 kids have certainly not had pizza for 3 of their 4 meals. Well, that, and peanut butter and jelly. I have a large variety of food in my house as I never go a whole month without going to the grocery store, especially not around the holidays.

I am not down to 1 pullup per 2 and 3 year old. My 3 year old, who is almost 4, has been completely potty trained for a very long time. I would never allow my child to have his 4th birthday in pullups. Not me.

My husband hasn't worked 60 of the last 72 hours, and doesn't go back for a 24 hour shift tomorrow.

I haven't lost my mind completely.

I most certainly haven't attempted to clean my house 3 or 4 times in the last few days only to have it destroyed within an hour by the screaming banshees who roam my abode.

There are not 6 full black garbage bags sitting in my kitchen. There absolutely is NOT one in my living room leaning against my Christmas tree. No. Way.

I wouldn't ever, ever go so long without doing laundry as to allow my husband to completely run out of socks. The man owns porobably 50 pair, if that tells you anything.

I don't do EVERYTHING out of expediency right now. I am not literally doing everything in assembly line fashion right now. I don't lay the three in diapers down and change them one after another. I don't put all the boys in the tub and wash all their hair, then their bodies, then take them out one by one and dress them and send them to bed. I don't have three boys sleeping on pink sheets, and a girl on a sleeping mat in the living room.

My life is NOT insane right now.

I'm absolutely not planning on leaving my sick husband with all five of these children while I go out today. Okay, yes I am. We need groceries something AWFUL!

I can honestly say I've a newfound respect for MckMama, the Duggars, Jen Sparks, and any other mother who has more than the two I call my monkeys on any given day. Just sayin.
0 Responses

Post a Comment



  • I'm a wife. I'm a mom. I'm a photographer. I'm a lover of Jesus. My house is a mess, my kids are dirty, we eat take out more often than not. My life is loud, busy and crazy. And that's okay with me.

    This is Eric, the man you've been praying for. He's a paramedic. He quilts in his spare time. No, I couldn't make that up :) He has NASH (a form of liver disease, non-alcoholic) and diabetes, but those things don't define him. He's a man of God, an insanely wonderful husband, and the best daddy in the world.. Just ask these guys..

    Our daughter Ali, she's 9. She's fiercely opinionated and strong willed. She's a Daddy's girl, but the umbilical cord hasn't but cut from me, either. She's a gymnast, and proud of it. She spends more time upside down or turning flips than she does walking. She's crazy smart, and absolutely sure of it. She is my insufferable little know it all.

    Our son Dylan, 7. We lovingly refer to him as Chubs. Or Chubby. Or fat boy. Ahem. He is all boy, as you can see by his crazy wild energy. He has the highest pain tolerance of any child I have ever met. He plays soccer and does gymnastics, but truly he is a gamer, a nerd. He is an avid reader and loves to climb. Not to be outdone by his sister, he's a drama king, but to him, I'm the best mommy in the world.