Alive
I'm alive. I'm sure you were all worried to death. :)

Truly, I am still breathing. I'm breathing through my mouth bc I'm sick, but I'm breathing, all the same. I'm sitting here blogging because I'm the queen of procrastinators, which is kind of what has gotten me into this mess in the first place. Everyone here has been sick, but my body just can't seem to get rid of it. It's just enough to be irritating. I have so much to do. I still have to finish my Christmas shopping. Originally we were only going to have money to buy for just our kids. We weren't even going to buy for each other this year. But then, God blessed us with some income, so we decided it would be okay to do something small for a few people. So I'll be shopping for my parents, my nephews, my husband.. and a few others, if there is anything left. I still have to finish up the shopping for the Women's Shelter for chronic love :) I'm so excited. I have so much work to do though. I'm feeling overwhelmed with it all, but in a good way.

The bed in Eric's sewing room is a twin bed and it is completely covered with gifts for us to package up and take to the women's shelter. It turns out we have so many gifts that we are able to bless the women at two shelters, and not just one present a person. They'll be getting a bag of presents per person! I'm so excited I can't see straight. Now I just have to get off my hiney and get it all together.

I haven't wrapped the first gift for my kids, either. I am hoping to go to Stacey's tomorrow evening after worship to get that done. Eric and I still have to finish Ginny's quilt before Wednesday, and my house. is. a disaster. I mean, like call CPS disaster. Erin, if you make it over here today, I apologize, profusely. It's awful. I feel so overwhelmed with my house right now, but it's so hard to keep up after two kids, especially now that Ali isn't in school. I like to have my whole house, including the bedrooms cleaned for Christmas. I just don't see it happening, though. We'll see. I don't' think I'll be able to get it all done on my own. I keep trying to remind myself that today is only Saturday. I still have 6 days to get everything done. Now if I could just get out of the bed.

Hmm. okay, no I don't think I will get out of the bed. Well, not off of it anyhow. I'm washing my bedding today so that I absolutely can't just lay here all day. Smart thinking, huh? I know, I'm a genius. Anyhow, I think I'll watch some BSG while putting away some laundry. That way I'm getting something done, but I don't have to *do* anything. I know. Smart again. Ha.

I'll stop procrastinating now, I just wanted to check in with all my faithful bloggy buddies and, you know, get out of cleaning the kitchen for at least another hour. ha. Crap. I just realized I have until six to get whatever I'm getting done, done bc I need to go shop later. Shoot me. Really? Shopping on a Saturday night the week of Christmas. Recipe. For. Disaster.
2 Responses
  1. Erin Says:

    Can I tell you how AWESOME it was to actually SEE you today? Seriously...it was overdue. I am so glad I got to meet Dylan and Ali. I wanted to give you like 10,000 hugs but I thought that would be weird since we were in the parking lot of a gas station. I love you, Court. Like my sister...I love you :-)
    Erin


  2. Suzanne Says:

    Good to hear from you. I am so disappointed about how everyone I know is so backlogged with Christmas stuff! I was trying to raise the bar this year and even though I did accomplish a lot more than last year, I still did not manage to get Christmas cards out, I think New Year's cards may be the answer, then again, maybe not.
    Courtney, I hear your heart and I think you are fabulous! I am encouraged by your willingness to share what you have with others who are more needy. And you and Erin got together? In real life? What a blessing! If you're ever in Green Bay, Wisconsin...let me know, I would love to get together! :)


Post a Comment



  • I'm a wife. I'm a mom. I'm a photographer. I'm a lover of Jesus. My house is a mess, my kids are dirty, we eat take out more often than not. My life is loud, busy and crazy. And that's okay with me.

    This is Eric, the man you've been praying for. He's a paramedic. He quilts in his spare time. No, I couldn't make that up :) He has NASH (a form of liver disease, non-alcoholic) and diabetes, but those things don't define him. He's a man of God, an insanely wonderful husband, and the best daddy in the world.. Just ask these guys..

    Our daughter Ali, she's 9. She's fiercely opinionated and strong willed. She's a Daddy's girl, but the umbilical cord hasn't but cut from me, either. She's a gymnast, and proud of it. She spends more time upside down or turning flips than she does walking. She's crazy smart, and absolutely sure of it. She is my insufferable little know it all.

    Our son Dylan, 7. We lovingly refer to him as Chubs. Or Chubby. Or fat boy. Ahem. He is all boy, as you can see by his crazy wild energy. He has the highest pain tolerance of any child I have ever met. He plays soccer and does gymnastics, but truly he is a gamer, a nerd. He is an avid reader and loves to climb. Not to be outdone by his sister, he's a drama king, but to him, I'm the best mommy in the world.