Not Me! Monday

Well it's Monday again, time to confess all those things you didn't do this week, it's like therapy, but cheaper:) Head on over to MckMama's blog to check out what everyone else hasn't been up to this week.

I so totally did NOT forget that today is Monday. I also didn't forget to work on this post at all, and am now not racking my brain trying to think of things I didn't do to entertain all of you wonderful people out in blog land, just to keep you coming back. :)

Hm.. Okay. I haven't basically run myself into the ground this past week. I've been sleeping wonderfully, and I ask for help when I need it. I even know when to say no. Really. :)

This morning I didn't crawl up into my Dad's brand new semi truck and lay on the bed and think 'I could most certainly do this job!' No kids, no people, just you and the road. I could totally do that.

Sheesh I'm losing my mind. I can't think of one single funny thing that didn't happen to us this week. I really should have planned better.

At VBS on Saturday I didn't spend the entire day with my camera in my hand, trying to capture embarrassing pictures of all my friends. I would never, ever post said pictures on facebook, as well as give them to my friend to post them on our church website. HA. Not me.

When we came to see my Dad yesterday after worship so the kids could play in his truck, I didn't just drop in, say hi, then leave my kids there and go home and sleep for two hours. I wouldn't pawn my kids off on my parents just so I could get a couple hours of sleep before shutting down completely.

I just realized that today indeed is Monday, and I have therapy, and I am not actually thankful for that. I'm a totally sane, completely balanced, rational person. Believe me.

Fine, if I think of anything else funny I'll come back and let you know about it. I don't have ADD and apparent short term memory loss. Not me :)

0 Responses

Post a Comment



  • I'm a wife. I'm a mom. I'm a photographer. I'm a lover of Jesus. My house is a mess, my kids are dirty, we eat take out more often than not. My life is loud, busy and crazy. And that's okay with me.

    This is Eric, the man you've been praying for. He's a paramedic. He quilts in his spare time. No, I couldn't make that up :) He has NASH (a form of liver disease, non-alcoholic) and diabetes, but those things don't define him. He's a man of God, an insanely wonderful husband, and the best daddy in the world.. Just ask these guys..

    Our daughter Ali, she's 9. She's fiercely opinionated and strong willed. She's a Daddy's girl, but the umbilical cord hasn't but cut from me, either. She's a gymnast, and proud of it. She spends more time upside down or turning flips than she does walking. She's crazy smart, and absolutely sure of it. She is my insufferable little know it all.

    Our son Dylan, 7. We lovingly refer to him as Chubs. Or Chubby. Or fat boy. Ahem. He is all boy, as you can see by his crazy wild energy. He has the highest pain tolerance of any child I have ever met. He plays soccer and does gymnastics, but truly he is a gamer, a nerd. He is an avid reader and loves to climb. Not to be outdone by his sister, he's a drama king, but to him, I'm the best mommy in the world.