Peace
*Update*
And just when you thought I couldn't possibly have more to say in one day, here I am again. I'm sitting in the spare room with my husband. He's on the desktop and I'm on the bed on my laptop, with his open next to me. I know, blessed. They're used for our work though, so I don't feel too bad about. Anyhow. I was just sitting here and I looked at my stat counter and we're almost at 450 hits. I know, when you look at someone like Angie's blog or MckMama's blog it doesn't seem like much, but I never really expected any one to read this at all, so that's a lot for me. Anyhow, I realized that there a lot of people out there reading this. Well, a moderate amount of people anyway, and I don't really know any of you! So, if you're out there lurking around, leave me a comment and let me know who you are, where you're from, or even what brought you here in the first place! Thanks for reading. Love to all

Original Post:
Wow, two posts in one day, no way! There are days like today when life just seems okay. Despite the hurt and ugly feelings, despite the pain and frustration, there is peace. Yes I said it, there is peace. That's a novel thing for me. I'm sitting here on my swing in my back yard. Between our backyard and the neighbor's there is a chain link fence. The neighbor is mowing her grass. Her kids and my kids are chatting through the fence, digging in the dirt. My lilies are blooming. There is a soft breeze blowing. The sun is slowly setting, turning everything yellow, and the peace is all around me. My husband got called to work for 'an emergency staff meeting' which I just think is their way of wrangling him into taking the boss' job. I don't know that he'll do it, but we'll know later, I guess. I can smell the cut grass now. It brings back the few good memories I have of my childhood. When I was a little girl I would wait a day after the grass was cut and I would sit amongst the clippings. I would make little birds nests out of the clippings. I would make dozens of them. Then I'd spread them around. It didn't snow where we lived, so I made do with what I had :)

As I sit here writing, just because I feel compelled to do so, I can literally count the blessings by just looking around. My kids, number one, are relatively healthy. They are running and jumping and yelling as we speak, throwing dirt (because they are those dirt covered kids) and having a blast. My three year old is now climbing previous mentioned chain link fence.. ah boys. I am sitting on my swing with one of the three computers that reside in our house, and I can use it to work my magic with my photos, which God has blessed me with an amazing eye for. I can, from this spot, hear my air conditioner running. That in and of itself is WONDERFUL! When we first moved into this house it only cooled half the house and the landlord said that he didn't think anything could be done about it. We called an air guy and he wanted almost $1000 to fix it. However, my genius husband took it upon himself to fix it, and saved the landlord, well, almost $1000. It actually cost $76, but who's counting? It's running, and very soon when it's 100 degrees outside, it will be cool and refreshing in there. I can not count the number of toys scattered across this yard. We are so blessed materially, compared to so many others in this world. I think sometimes when we're struggling to make ends meet that I forget that, and I shouldn't. Did I mention that my lilies are blooming? Well, they are!
See? They're beautiful don't you think? I just had the best conversation with my neighbor about our marriages, our kids and she's talking about going to church with us sometime. Anyhow, AI is on, and I'm waiting on my hubby to get home from his 'emergency staff meeting'. Ha. I guess we'll see how things go later tonight. I guess I'm done blogging for now, but I can't promise that I won't be back because I'm just in the mood.
1 Response
  1. Just Be Real Says:

    Amen, Broken.....you do have a right to a dirty house. Perfectionism can be a killer and ruin one's life. We who are struggling with past abuse, try our best to please and be perfect, so I know where you are coming from dear one. Thank you dear one for sharing. Blessings and ((((hugs))))


Post a Comment



  • I'm a wife. I'm a mom. I'm a photographer. I'm a lover of Jesus. My house is a mess, my kids are dirty, we eat take out more often than not. My life is loud, busy and crazy. And that's okay with me.

    This is Eric, the man you've been praying for. He's a paramedic. He quilts in his spare time. No, I couldn't make that up :) He has NASH (a form of liver disease, non-alcoholic) and diabetes, but those things don't define him. He's a man of God, an insanely wonderful husband, and the best daddy in the world.. Just ask these guys..

    Our daughter Ali, she's 9. She's fiercely opinionated and strong willed. She's a Daddy's girl, but the umbilical cord hasn't but cut from me, either. She's a gymnast, and proud of it. She spends more time upside down or turning flips than she does walking. She's crazy smart, and absolutely sure of it. She is my insufferable little know it all.

    Our son Dylan, 7. We lovingly refer to him as Chubs. Or Chubby. Or fat boy. Ahem. He is all boy, as you can see by his crazy wild energy. He has the highest pain tolerance of any child I have ever met. He plays soccer and does gymnastics, but truly he is a gamer, a nerd. He is an avid reader and loves to climb. Not to be outdone by his sister, he's a drama king, but to him, I'm the best mommy in the world.