Celebrating
**update**
We are home from our 'date' and it was a good night. I'm so thankful for my husband. For all that he's given me, and for all that he puts up with. Tonight I'm going to crawl in my bed, under my quilt, and thank the Lord for my helpmeet. Tonight he bought me a new thumb ring for mothers day that says mom all the way around it in a bunch of different languages, and a sketch book to keep in my purse. I'm so blessed.

**Orignal post**
I'm home today. It is indeed a new day, and my husband always makes everything better. Today we are celebrating. Celebrating Mother's day, our anniversary, and his birthday. Of course, we're celebrating without the kids, but we'll have them on the actual Mother's day, so it's okay. For moms day for me, he cleaned the house, well mostly, and started the laundry, which is about two months behind. For my anniversary he bought me the most beautiful quilt I've ever seen. It has probably already has more sentimental value than anything but my pictures in this house. Speaking of, I'm thinking of doing some online pic storage in case something were to ever happen to the house or comp. That was so random.

Anyhow, right now he's napping. I just got my laptop back (Daddy had been borrowing it) so I've been transferring things and setting it up how I want it, and also folding towels and starting more laundry. I'm going to go shower, or maybe take a nice long bath. Tonight we're going out to dinner, and to shop. We'll probably just browse but who cares. It feels as though it's been forever since he and I have spent any time together at all. And I miss him so much. And I know he misses me. We're going to make up for lost time tonight and just get lost together. I'm trying to not let anything happen to destroy this wonderfully relaxing day alone with my knight in shining armour. He really does save me!
Today maybe I'm not feeling completely
0 Responses

Post a Comment



  • I'm a wife. I'm a mom. I'm a photographer. I'm a lover of Jesus. My house is a mess, my kids are dirty, we eat take out more often than not. My life is loud, busy and crazy. And that's okay with me.

    This is Eric, the man you've been praying for. He's a paramedic. He quilts in his spare time. No, I couldn't make that up :) He has NASH (a form of liver disease, non-alcoholic) and diabetes, but those things don't define him. He's a man of God, an insanely wonderful husband, and the best daddy in the world.. Just ask these guys..

    Our daughter Ali, she's 9. She's fiercely opinionated and strong willed. She's a Daddy's girl, but the umbilical cord hasn't but cut from me, either. She's a gymnast, and proud of it. She spends more time upside down or turning flips than she does walking. She's crazy smart, and absolutely sure of it. She is my insufferable little know it all.

    Our son Dylan, 7. We lovingly refer to him as Chubs. Or Chubby. Or fat boy. Ahem. He is all boy, as you can see by his crazy wild energy. He has the highest pain tolerance of any child I have ever met. He plays soccer and does gymnastics, but truly he is a gamer, a nerd. He is an avid reader and loves to climb. Not to be outdone by his sister, he's a drama king, but to him, I'm the best mommy in the world.