The Lifted Weight
I have always hated change.

Always.

But right now, even with all of the huge changes going on in our lives, I feel free.  I feel this weight lifted off of me.  I feel like I can breathe again.  Rest again.

Today has been a day of encouragement for me, of hope of the future.  I am so thankful to God for all of the things he has blessed us with.  I can't even begin to fathom why he would give us these amazing things, but I am so very grateful.

In the last several weeks my Bible has been used more that it has in the last year, I would think.  But not just my Bible, my Greek/Hebrew interlinear, and my red pen.  Yes, my red pen.  My trusty ole red pen.  I've learned so many things, gained insight on things I never even thought about before.  And I'm so very excited about it.  I WANT to study my Bible.  I WANT to know more.  I WANT to learn, and feel and live every single word breathed by our God.

Right now in our Sunday morning class at church our study is titled The Longest Day.  It is a 12 week class studying the last day of our Lord's life.  We've only had one lesson, and already I can feel it transforming my heart.  One of the coolest part is that our minister spent so much time preparing a book for us to study from.  In the back of the book is a 4 into 1 Gospel harmony.  He took all four of the gospels and merged them together to paint the most detailed picture we can get of that horrid last day.

I can not wait to see how lives are transformed, how my life is transformed, after learning, making captive in my heart, the knowledge, the true understanding of what Jesus did for me that day.  For you.  For us all.

And now that I've blogged, and cleaned my entire house at 1 in the morning, I think I'll sit back and read, and perhaps sleep will come tonight.

Love to all <3
0 Responses

Post a Comment



  • I'm a wife. I'm a mom. I'm a photographer. I'm a lover of Jesus. My house is a mess, my kids are dirty, we eat take out more often than not. My life is loud, busy and crazy. And that's okay with me.

    This is Eric, the man you've been praying for. He's a paramedic. He quilts in his spare time. No, I couldn't make that up :) He has NASH (a form of liver disease, non-alcoholic) and diabetes, but those things don't define him. He's a man of God, an insanely wonderful husband, and the best daddy in the world.. Just ask these guys..

    Our daughter Ali, she's 9. She's fiercely opinionated and strong willed. She's a Daddy's girl, but the umbilical cord hasn't but cut from me, either. She's a gymnast, and proud of it. She spends more time upside down or turning flips than she does walking. She's crazy smart, and absolutely sure of it. She is my insufferable little know it all.

    Our son Dylan, 7. We lovingly refer to him as Chubs. Or Chubby. Or fat boy. Ahem. He is all boy, as you can see by his crazy wild energy. He has the highest pain tolerance of any child I have ever met. He plays soccer and does gymnastics, but truly he is a gamer, a nerd. He is an avid reader and loves to climb. Not to be outdone by his sister, he's a drama king, but to him, I'm the best mommy in the world.