25 Prayers for My Husband
Thanks to Mel, and the wonders of Facebook, I came across this today.  I've always had a hard time reciting prayers.  It almost feels, well, rehearsed.  Like they aren't from the heart.  But I've come to realize that perhaps that just isn't true.  They are from the heart when they were written, and honestly, I don't think God cares how many times you pray the same exact prayer, as long as you're praying...  I digress.

This post is actually very amazing.  It's such a fantastic idea.  Not only do these prayers need to be prayed, but I think it will help me to pray regularly, to make a habit of it.  I can see me now, sitting on the patio with my cup of hot cider and my notebook, just talking to God.  :)  It makes me happy to think of it.  Also, I know that prayer is so powerful that even if these things you're praying aren't the goals of the person you're praying for, God can change that.  That means it's my responsibility to appeal to God on part of my family, my friends, my enemies.  Probably that one's the hardest, but it needs to be done.

So I'm vowing to work on this tonight.  I'll work on prayers for each of my children, my husband, my parents, my closest friends, and my brother.  Sigh.  When I'm done I will come back here and share with you what I've come up with, or at least some of what I come up with.  I encourage you to do the same for your families, and for yourself as well.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, here I am at nearly midnight.  I've spent a little time working on the lists for Eric and myself.  I'm certain they aren't complete, but it's a start.  Here are some of the things I'd like to share with you.

Me:
- That I fully rely on you for everything, coming to you in good times, and bad.
- That I will immerse myself in your word, learning who you are, and who I am, and should be, praying to you every day, in all things.
- That through medication and prayer and study I will have better control of my bi-polar disorder and PTSD, and that I will accept the fact that sometimes it really is beyond my control, and that doesn't make me a bad person.
- That I won't allow Satan to prey on those insecurities, and that I'll recognize his lies and put them away.
- That I will follow through with things that I start.
- That I will teach my children every day about you, not only in words, but in actions through every thing I do.
- That I will recognize that people are looking to me, and it is my responsibility to make sure they see Jesus in me.
- That I will continue to give, even when all I have to give is my time, and that I will teach my children to do the same.
- That I will learn the act of forgiveness, and that I won't allow my past to cloud my judgement.
-That I will take my past experiences with emotional and sexual abuse, and my abuse of drugs and alcohol, and allow you to use them to help others, to show these things can be conquered.
- To continue to conquer them.
- That I will go out of my way to be the best helper I can for my husband, that I will remember his needs and be a support to him, loving him completely, being wholly devoted to him and our marriage.

Eric:
- That he will continue to grow into the spiritual leader of this house, of our family, as you would have him to be.
- That he will be a good example of a Christian man to our children.
- That he will guard his heart against inappropriate relationships with the opposite sex, and that his heart will be pure and wholly devoted to me and our marriage.
- That his health will remain well, and even improve, that he may continue to provide for our family and live a full life with us, not just watching his children grow, but participating in that growth.
- That he will form Godly relationships with men to encourage him spiritually and help him be accountable to you.
- That he will have wisdom and discernment when it comes to disciplining our children, and that you will enable him to love them unconditionally.
- That he will be a man of prayer, and spend time with you often.
- That you will help safeguard his heart from Satan, and that he will recognize the lies of the enemy.
- That we become wise stewards of our money, and learn to better manage our finances together.

So, that's not 25, but those are some of the very importants in our life.  I'm still working on my lists (there are many).  What are you praying for?
1 Response
  1. Melanie Says:

    awesome idea! can't wait to hear what you come up with sweet girl!


Post a Comment



  • I'm a wife. I'm a mom. I'm a photographer. I'm a lover of Jesus. My house is a mess, my kids are dirty, we eat take out more often than not. My life is loud, busy and crazy. And that's okay with me.

    This is Eric, the man you've been praying for. He's a paramedic. He quilts in his spare time. No, I couldn't make that up :) He has NASH (a form of liver disease, non-alcoholic) and diabetes, but those things don't define him. He's a man of God, an insanely wonderful husband, and the best daddy in the world.. Just ask these guys..

    Our daughter Ali, she's 9. She's fiercely opinionated and strong willed. She's a Daddy's girl, but the umbilical cord hasn't but cut from me, either. She's a gymnast, and proud of it. She spends more time upside down or turning flips than she does walking. She's crazy smart, and absolutely sure of it. She is my insufferable little know it all.

    Our son Dylan, 7. We lovingly refer to him as Chubs. Or Chubby. Or fat boy. Ahem. He is all boy, as you can see by his crazy wild energy. He has the highest pain tolerance of any child I have ever met. He plays soccer and does gymnastics, but truly he is a gamer, a nerd. He is an avid reader and loves to climb. Not to be outdone by his sister, he's a drama king, but to him, I'm the best mommy in the world.