Walks, talks, and bits of God
I think the things I like most about life are the little things God inserts into your life to remind you that he's there.  I don't know if many of you know, but have a thing about dragonflies.  As in... perhaps I'm a bit addicted :)  I hold them close to my heart, and every time I see one, I think of God, and tell myself that he put that dragonfly there for me.

Today after school I helped the kids get their homework done and we went to the park right next to our house to walk on the walking trail.  I love when it's just the kids and I because we have the best talks.  Today we talked about decimals and fractions, we named the continents and talked about them, we named animals that live on certain continents.  We also discussed the difference between continents, countries, states, cities, etc.  We just talked and talked as we walked (slowly, might I add... there isn't much calorie burning when your walking partners have legs the size of your shin.  Okay that's probably a bit of an exaggeration, but you get the point), and as we got about a half a mile down the trail, we noticed in one of the fields all of these bugs flying around.  At first I couldn't tell what they were, but Dylan said "Mommy, they're dragonflies!"

Immediately I felt surrounded,  enveloped by God.  It was a feeling of peace, and hope.  I stopped and took a video, and kept on walking.  We passed another field, and there were more dragonflies.  And then another, and another.  I couldn't help but smile.  And I can't help but feel loved, cherished, thought of.  I love that my God thinks of even me.  Little me.  Sigh :)

Also, I love you Dragonfly.

P.S. I tried to upload the video, but you couldn't even see the dragonflies on the computer, but I tried.
2 Responses
  1. Tia Says:

    I love when God gives you a "stop-in-the-middle-of-your-tracks-blow-your-socks-off" reminder that he loves and cares about blessing us in big ways with the little things that make our hearts happy... like drangonflies, fireflies, rainbows and stary skies.


  2. Reese Says:

    Yay.. I love this post, Courtney. Gosh, i just knew there was going to be a video at the end. :) xxx Reese


Post a Comment



  • I'm a wife. I'm a mom. I'm a photographer. I'm a lover of Jesus. My house is a mess, my kids are dirty, we eat take out more often than not. My life is loud, busy and crazy. And that's okay with me.

    This is Eric, the man you've been praying for. He's a paramedic. He quilts in his spare time. No, I couldn't make that up :) He has NASH (a form of liver disease, non-alcoholic) and diabetes, but those things don't define him. He's a man of God, an insanely wonderful husband, and the best daddy in the world.. Just ask these guys..

    Our daughter Ali, she's 9. She's fiercely opinionated and strong willed. She's a Daddy's girl, but the umbilical cord hasn't but cut from me, either. She's a gymnast, and proud of it. She spends more time upside down or turning flips than she does walking. She's crazy smart, and absolutely sure of it. She is my insufferable little know it all.

    Our son Dylan, 7. We lovingly refer to him as Chubs. Or Chubby. Or fat boy. Ahem. He is all boy, as you can see by his crazy wild energy. He has the highest pain tolerance of any child I have ever met. He plays soccer and does gymnastics, but truly he is a gamer, a nerd. He is an avid reader and loves to climb. Not to be outdone by his sister, he's a drama king, but to him, I'm the best mommy in the world.