It's been a week...
I am exhausted.

I don't even think I can explain to you how exhausted I am. For those of you who don't know, let me recap my week for you :)

Eric left Sunday morning for Weapons of Mass Destruction training at the Homeland Security compound somewhere in Alabama. All was going well, until yesterday morning...

At about noon I woke up to a text message. I couldn't find my phone, but something said I should get up and look for it. It was Eric. There was a message from earlier in the morning saying that he was going to the ER, not to worry. Yeah.

The newest message said that they had started an iv and given him 3 nitroglycerins, aspirin, and had done chest xrays and blood work.

Sure honey, I won't worry. Sigh.

Sometime around 4:30 Ali comes into my room and says there is a hole in the floor in the dining room. Umm... excuse me? So I go in there and in the doorway in between the dining room and laundry room there a huge dip where the floor has collapsed. Yeah. I started investigating and found out that the air conditioner was leaking. It's been leaking for a while, and my floor is rotted out and collapsed. We turned the air off and called the landlord, who felt sure that it wasn't the air conditioner, but that maybe the washer was leaking or something.

Umm, no, I'm pretty sure it's the air... Carol and I looked up under the house and we could see where the floor was sagging. Yay.

By this time it was time to leave for church, so we turned on the window unit in our bedroom and closed the door so that at least we would have somewhere cool to sleep.

Sometime while we were at church Eric said everything looked ok, but that they were keeping him overnight to be sure, and that they would do a stress test the next day. He sounded fine, so I felt okay with that.

Also sometime while we were at church a woman called my phone and left a message. Shortly after we moved into this house the ceiling in the bathroom started crumbling due to the humidity, so our landlord had someone come out and scrape it and replace it. Well, he called that same lady (who I think to be kinda like a fix it lady) to come look at the floor (basically bc he didn't believe me that it was the AC, or at least, I think he was praying it wasn't). I said that was fine, and she said she'd be here about 7 AM. Yay.

So she came this morning and immediately said that it was definitely the AC (well, you think??) and that she would have to pull up the whole floor and replace it. Oh goody. She said she would call the landlord and leave him a message to call the AC people. Okay...

Well I didn't hear from the AC people until 3, and they got here about 5 ish. Luckily it was just a clogged drain pipe and it didn't take anything to fix, but the damage was done, and the floor does have to be replaced. Luckily for us, we don't own this house. Anyhow.

So, about the time the AC guy left, Eric called and said that he had been discharged, and that they were taking him to Atlanta tonight, and that his plane left at 9 am. Things seemed to be settling down, so I headed out to have a nice quiet dinner with a friend.

*insert maniacal laugh here*

5 minutes after I left the house, I called mom to let her know that Carol was bringing Ali to come stay the night with her. She said she didn't think that was a good idea, that she had some chest pain and had to take a nitro. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!

So, I called Carol and told her to take Ali back, and I called mom back to find out what was really going on. She sounded like something was up. Something more than just a little chest pain.
I called her back and asked her what the heck was going on. She said she had some chest pain, and she was nauseous. I asked her if she was having a heart attack, she said yeah, probably.

She has only said that to me once before, and she was right that time.

I told her I'd be there in 10 minutes, turned my flashers on and drove 90ish all the way there.

I walked in, and she said I really think I'm okay, the pain went away after two nitros. Sigh.

She's the most stubborn woman on the planet. So, I brought her home to my house under the stipulation that if she has any more pain at all I get to call an ambulance.

I'm exhausted. So much so that I just tried to carry on a conversation with Eric, and couldn't. I can't think. I can't see. Blech. I'm sure none of this makes any sense, but whatever. Now you know. It's been a week.
3 Responses
  1. Tricia Says:

    I will definitely be saying an extra prayer tonight for your crew. Sleep well.

  2. Sorry your week's been long. Love you and praying for you and the family!

  3. Pink Says:

    Praying for you and your family!

    I love reading your blog! I am doing my first give away at:
    Would love for you to stop by and enter!

Post a Comment

  • I'm a wife. I'm a mom. I'm a photographer. I'm a lover of Jesus. My house is a mess, my kids are dirty, we eat take out more often than not. My life is loud, busy and crazy. And that's okay with me.
    This is Eric, the man you've been praying for. He's a paramedic. He quilts in his spare time. No, I couldn't make that up :) He has NASH (a form of liver disease, non-alcoholic) and diabetes, but those things don't define him. He's a man of God, an insanely wonderful husband, and the best daddy in the world.. Just ask these guys..
    Our daughter Ali, she's 9. She's fiercely opinionated and strong willed. She's a Daddy's girl, but the umbilical cord hasn't but cut from me, either. She's a gymnast, and proud of it. She spends more time upside down or turning flips than she does walking. She's crazy smart, and absolutely sure of it. She is my insufferable little know it all.
    Our son Dylan, 7. We lovingly refer to him as Chubs. Or Chubby. Or fat boy. Ahem. He is all boy, as you can see by his crazy wild energy. He has the highest pain tolerance of any child I have ever met. He plays soccer and does gymnastics, but truly he is a gamer, a nerd. He is an avid reader and loves to climb. Not to be outdone by his sister, he's a drama king, but to him, I'm the best mommy in the world.