Soles4Souls

This week Soles4Souls is celebrating Barefoot Week! So this week over at iheartfaces they're celebrating with them. It's a non-competition week, so we get to post LOTS of pictures, which excites me! haha. Here's a little bit about Soles4Souls:

Soles4Souls is a Nashville-based charity that collects shoes from the warehouses of footwear companies and the closets of people like you. The charity distributes these shoes free of charge to people in need, regardless of race, religion, class, or any other criteria. Since 2005, Soles4Souls has given away over 7 million pairs of new and gently worn shoes (currently donating one pair every 9 seconds.) The shoes have been distributed to people in over 125 countries, including Kenya, Thailand, Nepal and the United States. Soles4Souls has been featured in Runner's World, Ladies’ Home Journal, National Geographic’s Green Guide, and The New York Times. It has appeared on CBS, ABC, NBC, FOX, BBC, CNN and thousands of regional news outlets across North America. Soles4Souls is a 501(c)(3) recognized by the IRS and donating parties are eligible for tax advantages. Anyone can join our cause, and we need your help.

I love this picture. I took it today. These little hobbit feet belong to my son and daughter and my adopted nephews. I adore it!


This one was way back when I started trying to be creative with my photography. It was the fall of '08, methinks, and I just remembered it tonight when I was looking for pics for here. Dyl is on the left in his 4 sizes too big rain boots, and Ali in her first pair of Keds, even though I don't think they were actual Keds :)
These are Ali's feet in the sand at the park :)
And our friend Wayne dipping her feet in the creek during her photo shoot (names have been changed to protect the innocent. Actually, that's just what my kids call her haha)
This pic is of Jess from my photo shoot on Saturday. I love this pic, and her bare feet are just so cute!
I love the story of this picture. We were at the church building and I was taking pictures of the flowers in the bed. Shane (Stacey's lil bro) was irritating me, and he hates to have his pic taken. So I just turned the camera toward him, without even looking, and this is what I got. And I LOVE it!
And this is my favorite picture from today's lil impromptu foot shoot :) I love the sand and the dirt and the warts and it just makes me happy!

I hope you all enjoyed the photos, and please check out Soles4Souls and the great work that they do. Maybe you can help out, too!


And I'm adding this last picture after the fact, because I just remembered it, and I LOVE the design of these shoes!



15 Responses

  1. Unknown Says:

    Love those pictures!!


  2. I love the feet in the sand, and the b & w shot at the end!


  3. Melissa Says:

    You are GREAT! I love them sandy toes!




  4. Anonymous Says:

    Cool, I love baby and little kids feet pictures! :)


  5. Tricia Says:

    Oh I really loved your photos. The last is certainly my fav. as well. It's a perfect reflection of childhood. Love!

    I also really love your introduction in your sidebar. Sounds just like my life. :)


  6. Anonymous Says:

    They are all so great. Love the B&W


  7. Heather Says:

    Love the "hobbit" feet!! My son has those too. : )


  8. Unknown Says:

    The editing on that first shot is very creative! I also love the B&W at the end. So simplistic and natural-looking.


  9. Leigh Says:

    Fun feet photos!


  10. awwww i love all ther shots. specially the 1st one!
    i have joined in too
    Plz do visit


  11. Christina Says:

    Fun feet and shoes...there are a lot of spunk and fun in these pictures!


  12. Lauren Lefko Says:

    These are so fun! Great job!


Post a Comment



  • I'm a wife. I'm a mom. I'm a photographer. I'm a lover of Jesus. My house is a mess, my kids are dirty, we eat take out more often than not. My life is loud, busy and crazy. And that's okay with me.

    This is Eric, the man you've been praying for. He's a paramedic. He quilts in his spare time. No, I couldn't make that up :) He has NASH (a form of liver disease, non-alcoholic) and diabetes, but those things don't define him. He's a man of God, an insanely wonderful husband, and the best daddy in the world.. Just ask these guys..

    Our daughter Ali, she's 9. She's fiercely opinionated and strong willed. She's a Daddy's girl, but the umbilical cord hasn't but cut from me, either. She's a gymnast, and proud of it. She spends more time upside down or turning flips than she does walking. She's crazy smart, and absolutely sure of it. She is my insufferable little know it all.

    Our son Dylan, 7. We lovingly refer to him as Chubs. Or Chubby. Or fat boy. Ahem. He is all boy, as you can see by his crazy wild energy. He has the highest pain tolerance of any child I have ever met. He plays soccer and does gymnastics, but truly he is a gamer, a nerd. He is an avid reader and loves to climb. Not to be outdone by his sister, he's a drama king, but to him, I'm the best mommy in the world.