Send it to God Saturday


It's that day again. Saturday. Send it to God Saturday. Each week I try to post a prayer request, and ask you all to post your prayer requests in the comments section of the post, and I'll read through them several times in the week and pray for you all. This week is special.

These are my sweet friends Brian and Kristy Gray. I met them years ago when I attended Faulkner University in Montgomery Alabama. They are great Godly people, and I love them both very much.



This is their beautiful daughter, Helen. Six months ago (November 29), Thanksgiving weekend, they were involved in a car accident coming home after the weekend. Kristy was seriously injured, and is now a paraplegic. Their sweet, beautiful, little red headed baby girl didn't survive. Their daughter went to be with Jesus that day. Today it has been six months since they lost their girl, and they are hurting beyond imagination.
This sweet family is now separated. They are waiting until that day that they can be with their girl again. This week my request is for them. Please be in prayer for them. They are hurting so much. Their entire lives have been changed. Please pray for God to be with them, to hold them through this awful pain. Pray that they will feel peace today, that they will feel all of the prayers going up for them. Pray that they will be comforted knowing they will see her again one day.
When I heard that Helen didn't survive the accident I had a melody in my head. I wrote a song. It's on the side bar of my blog. Excuse my singing. I can write songs, singing, not so much. These are the lyrics.

The wind is howling
The storms are raging
There is fire in the skies and there's fear in my eyes
But I feel you
I feel you.

My heart is breaking
My soul is aching
But even through the pain, though the tears fall like rain
I can feel you
Yes I feel you.

And while I walk alone this road towards home
I hear you call my name
And though the winds will blow
I'll always know
you'll ever be the same
You are my rock my strength
you are the air I breathe
My shelter from the rain
You are all I see and I am on my knees
Lord take me through this pain.

Always, Court
1 Response
  1. Unknown Says:

    The last part is really good...about taking us through the pain. I like it :)


Post a Comment



  • I'm a wife. I'm a mom. I'm a photographer. I'm a lover of Jesus. My house is a mess, my kids are dirty, we eat take out more often than not. My life is loud, busy and crazy. And that's okay with me.

    This is Eric, the man you've been praying for. He's a paramedic. He quilts in his spare time. No, I couldn't make that up :) He has NASH (a form of liver disease, non-alcoholic) and diabetes, but those things don't define him. He's a man of God, an insanely wonderful husband, and the best daddy in the world.. Just ask these guys..

    Our daughter Ali, she's 9. She's fiercely opinionated and strong willed. She's a Daddy's girl, but the umbilical cord hasn't but cut from me, either. She's a gymnast, and proud of it. She spends more time upside down or turning flips than she does walking. She's crazy smart, and absolutely sure of it. She is my insufferable little know it all.

    Our son Dylan, 7. We lovingly refer to him as Chubs. Or Chubby. Or fat boy. Ahem. He is all boy, as you can see by his crazy wild energy. He has the highest pain tolerance of any child I have ever met. He plays soccer and does gymnastics, but truly he is a gamer, a nerd. He is an avid reader and loves to climb. Not to be outdone by his sister, he's a drama king, but to him, I'm the best mommy in the world.