Not Me! Monday


Here is my not me monday, on my blog, where I can whine about all the crap going on without actually whining about it. :) Hop on over to MckMama's blog, where I'm sure Not Me! Monday will be slightly less whiny, and a bit more amusing :)

I am not emotionally exhausted. I have not forgotten how to cry. I do not feel the urge to lay somewhere and stare out into space and just let my brain wander off somewhere lovely. I do not want to go back to bed at 5:30 in the evening.

I have slept fantasitc this past week. Not once have I lay in bed for hours on end, mind racing, just waiting for the sun to come up, or at least for my brain to shut the heck up. I didn't, on several occasions, think to myself 'you're never going to fall asleep listening to this', and proceed to reset the sleep timer so that it didn't turn off, and then think, "you're never going to fall asleep to this, either." I didn't go to bed after six am twice. Just sayin.

My kids aren't both sick. At the end of April.

My 6 year old has milked the birthday party thing dry, and certainly won't be having another birthday party soon.

She also didn't look at me today and say "really?" in the exact same tone of voice I use when irritated. Sigh

I am the most interesting person you've ever met, just so you know.

I didn't spend hours cleaning my house this past week jamming out to Nightwish and Evanescence, only to find my house a mess again, today. I also didn't wash every. stitch. of. clothing. in my house. There isn't already a dirty load waiting to be washed. There probably isn't still a load in the washer souring. I'm very certain there isn't a load in the dryer wrinkling.

I am not going to shut up now, before I bore you all :)

Court
1 Response
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Hey Court, just dropped by to say hello!


Post a Comment



  • I'm a wife. I'm a mom. I'm a photographer. I'm a lover of Jesus. My house is a mess, my kids are dirty, we eat take out more often than not. My life is loud, busy and crazy. And that's okay with me.

    This is Eric, the man you've been praying for. He's a paramedic. He quilts in his spare time. No, I couldn't make that up :) He has NASH (a form of liver disease, non-alcoholic) and diabetes, but those things don't define him. He's a man of God, an insanely wonderful husband, and the best daddy in the world.. Just ask these guys..

    Our daughter Ali, she's 9. She's fiercely opinionated and strong willed. She's a Daddy's girl, but the umbilical cord hasn't but cut from me, either. She's a gymnast, and proud of it. She spends more time upside down or turning flips than she does walking. She's crazy smart, and absolutely sure of it. She is my insufferable little know it all.

    Our son Dylan, 7. We lovingly refer to him as Chubs. Or Chubby. Or fat boy. Ahem. He is all boy, as you can see by his crazy wild energy. He has the highest pain tolerance of any child I have ever met. He plays soccer and does gymnastics, but truly he is a gamer, a nerd. He is an avid reader and loves to climb. Not to be outdone by his sister, he's a drama king, but to him, I'm the best mommy in the world.