Sunday Musings. Or something.
I love days like today.

Good days.

God days.

I love days when we have potluck at church and we can sit with our closest friends (who, btw, happen to be teenagers, go figure) and talk and laugh and plan! I am so excited to be taking the teens from our church on a youth trip to Gatlinburg at the end of February. I can't wait!

I'm content today. Eric is home, taking an after worship nap. This is 3 services in a row that he's been able to make it (minus last Sunday, seeing as we were snowed in, and all). We've also managed to adopt a new kid for church. One Wednesday evening we were walking out the door to go to church. Our neighbor's daughter was outside playing and Ali ran over and asked her if she wanted to come to church with us. She ran in and asked her mom and she said yes. I had no idea so when they came running over and said that she was going I was just like 'whatever we have to go, get in the car'. Ha. We go with the flow 'round here. This is also the 3rd service that she's been to. I had to laugh at Ali. She told her 'we go on Sunday nights, too, but we don't have class on Sunday nights'. I think she was afraid her friend wouldn't want to come, but she just said 'that's okay, I want to go every time you go'. I'm so excited that my kids aren't afraid in the least to talk to their friends about God and invite them to church. I know they're young yet, but hopefully this trend will last. If it does, we're going to need a bigger car, but I'm okay with that. It's a good problem to have!

I've been in the mood to write. I have been wanting to blog, I just haven't known what to say. But here I am, rambling on. Since I've been in the writing mood, I'm working on another song. I really like this, but I'm not quite finished with it. Unlike Tia, I know I can't play an instrument with it, and I don't think I'm brave enough to sing it and post it, but we'll see. We'll see. Probably that would fall under the whole cruel and unusual punishment thing :)

Stacey's dad is home from his deployment, and it is so GOOD. We've been praying for his safe return. We're just so glad to have him home. Another of our guys got home this week and being at church with them all there just morning just felt like life was kinda getting back to normal. I'll be honest, I always feel safer when Stacey's dad is around. He's just that kind of guy. Dylan has a special attachment to him bc they share the love of trains. When he saw him this morning he said 'awe, I missed you!' Life is good.

I'm supposed to be being domestic today. The kitchen needs to be cleaned and Eric claims there is going to be a 'clothes slide' in our closet soon if I don't get on the laundry soon. He doesn't seem to mind, he just likes to pick on me. Funnily enough, his clothes are clean. I'm self sacrificing like that :)

Okay, done rambling. The girls (her friend hasn't gone home yet) are playing dress up and making up dances in my living room, my nephew is playing XBOX and Dylan is basically running around yelling. Sigh. Good thing Eric can sleep through anything!

Randomly, if you haven't read it yet, go to Kelly's blog and check out the cardboard testimony video. Very powerful. Love ya'll.
0 Responses

Post a Comment



  • I'm a wife. I'm a mom. I'm a photographer. I'm a lover of Jesus. My house is a mess, my kids are dirty, we eat take out more often than not. My life is loud, busy and crazy. And that's okay with me.

    This is Eric, the man you've been praying for. He's a paramedic. He quilts in his spare time. No, I couldn't make that up :) He has NASH (a form of liver disease, non-alcoholic) and diabetes, but those things don't define him. He's a man of God, an insanely wonderful husband, and the best daddy in the world.. Just ask these guys..

    Our daughter Ali, she's 9. She's fiercely opinionated and strong willed. She's a Daddy's girl, but the umbilical cord hasn't but cut from me, either. She's a gymnast, and proud of it. She spends more time upside down or turning flips than she does walking. She's crazy smart, and absolutely sure of it. She is my insufferable little know it all.

    Our son Dylan, 7. We lovingly refer to him as Chubs. Or Chubby. Or fat boy. Ahem. He is all boy, as you can see by his crazy wild energy. He has the highest pain tolerance of any child I have ever met. He plays soccer and does gymnastics, but truly he is a gamer, a nerd. He is an avid reader and loves to climb. Not to be outdone by his sister, he's a drama king, but to him, I'm the best mommy in the world.