Violence UnSilenced


I've been wanting to blog for a while now. I mean a *real* post, you know, with words. I just didn't know what to say. Now I do.

Violence Unsilenced.

It says so much. It means so much. It cuts to the core of who I am. I started this blog to break the silence. To use my voice and my words to tell my story and let others know that they are not alone. That they don't have to be silent. And Maggie had the same idea.

Violence Unsilenced is a powerful place where survivors can share their stories, and receive support and love. The silence is broken. I came across this site today on another blog, and I immediately knew it was a place for me. I urge you to go over and check it out. Read the stories. I know they're hard to stomach. I know they can leave you speechless, not knowing what to do or say, but I urge you to comment on the posts and support these people who are so bravely stepping out of their box to break this awful silence.

Reading these stories has made me feel the need to share mine. All of it. The whole thing. In one. big. long. ugly. post. I know I just did the 10 year recap, but there is so much more. There will probably be some repeat stuff, but there will be stuff that has never been said here. And I think that the only way to break the silence, for me, is to break all of it. It wasn't easy to write, and it will not be easy to read, but I think for me it is necessary. I thank you for your patience, and if you do read through *all* of it, I thank you for that, too.

Please go check out this site, and if you'd like grab their button and support these wonderful brave people!
1 Response
  1. I can't thank you enough for this beautifully written post. I don't know what to say, I just appreciate it so much. Keep speaking out.


Post a Comment



  • I'm a wife. I'm a mom. I'm a photographer. I'm a lover of Jesus. My house is a mess, my kids are dirty, we eat take out more often than not. My life is loud, busy and crazy. And that's okay with me.

    This is Eric, the man you've been praying for. He's a paramedic. He quilts in his spare time. No, I couldn't make that up :) He has NASH (a form of liver disease, non-alcoholic) and diabetes, but those things don't define him. He's a man of God, an insanely wonderful husband, and the best daddy in the world.. Just ask these guys..

    Our daughter Ali, she's 9. She's fiercely opinionated and strong willed. She's a Daddy's girl, but the umbilical cord hasn't but cut from me, either. She's a gymnast, and proud of it. She spends more time upside down or turning flips than she does walking. She's crazy smart, and absolutely sure of it. She is my insufferable little know it all.

    Our son Dylan, 7. We lovingly refer to him as Chubs. Or Chubby. Or fat boy. Ahem. He is all boy, as you can see by his crazy wild energy. He has the highest pain tolerance of any child I have ever met. He plays soccer and does gymnastics, but truly he is a gamer, a nerd. He is an avid reader and loves to climb. Not to be outdone by his sister, he's a drama king, but to him, I'm the best mommy in the world.