This is me.
For months I've been hiding behind this blog. I didn't want to attach a name to it. I didn't want my mother to come across it. But then along came bloom. And my life is forever changed. And I want you to see who I am. Who we as a family, are. I don't care anymore. This is me, and I hope you like it.

My name is Courtney. I use the name Olivia attached to my emails for a reason. For now, that is a reason I hold close to my heart. But my name is Courtney. I'm fairly certain 80% of you knew that. To the rest of you, I'm sorry it took me this long to step out of the darkness. But here I am. And I thank you for being patient.

I like watching the moon. I love to take pictures. Pictures of things that are beautiful, just to let in a little light every now and then. I love dragonflies. I like to draw, though I'm not great, and I love to write. Poetry for the most part, seeing as I don't have the attention span for anything long and drawn out.

Sometimes I feel like I'm standing on the outside looking in. I've been married to Eric for 6.5 years, and we have two great kids. I try every day to learn from the mistakes that I made yesterday, but typically, I make them again. I don't like conflict, I don't really like being put on the spot. I love God. I try to live my life for Him, but not nearly as much as He deserves. It takes a lot for me to call you my friend, but once I do, you're in it for the long haul. And Cosnóidh mé.
7 Responses
  1. Courtney Says:
    This comment has been removed by the author.

  2. Sheryl Says:

    i am so glad that you've stepped out of the darkness. you are loved!!


  3. Jen Says:

    Woo Hoo! Look at you! SO proud of you, girlie.

    You'll have to tell me about Olivia sometime <3


  4. I love the new set up and I love what it means for how much you've grown! Of course, I don't love either of these things as much as I love you! :)


  5. Tia Says:

    Stepping out of the darkness... Love it!! and love you. So glad to be a lucky one whom you call friend - I hope ;D


  6. Erin Says:

    I think that this is awesome! I love the site makeover and I love you, Courtney! I am also VERY proud of you :-)


  7. Reese Says:

    Hi Court. I go home for the Holiday, and come back to get caught up on all of my bloggy's; and, look at you... This is absolutely amazing. I am so incredibly proud of you. You have no idea how much you are loved, and prayed for. And, you also have no idea who is reading your blog... Keep on keeping it real, sister.

    love you
    reese


Post a Comment



  • I'm a wife. I'm a mom. I'm a photographer. I'm a lover of Jesus. My house is a mess, my kids are dirty, we eat take out more often than not. My life is loud, busy and crazy. And that's okay with me.

    This is Eric, the man you've been praying for. He's a paramedic. He quilts in his spare time. No, I couldn't make that up :) He has NASH (a form of liver disease, non-alcoholic) and diabetes, but those things don't define him. He's a man of God, an insanely wonderful husband, and the best daddy in the world.. Just ask these guys..

    Our daughter Ali, she's 9. She's fiercely opinionated and strong willed. She's a Daddy's girl, but the umbilical cord hasn't but cut from me, either. She's a gymnast, and proud of it. She spends more time upside down or turning flips than she does walking. She's crazy smart, and absolutely sure of it. She is my insufferable little know it all.

    Our son Dylan, 7. We lovingly refer to him as Chubs. Or Chubby. Or fat boy. Ahem. He is all boy, as you can see by his crazy wild energy. He has the highest pain tolerance of any child I have ever met. He plays soccer and does gymnastics, but truly he is a gamer, a nerd. He is an avid reader and loves to climb. Not to be outdone by his sister, he's a drama king, but to him, I'm the best mommy in the world.