Love Something Chronic
As some of you know, tragedy has struck very, very close to my home. And even closer to my heart. Last night Jenny Sparks said 'I hope she is found and loved on something chronic'. I woke up this morning, and the words chronic love were on my mind. And as I lay there, so began Operation Chronic Love. I know that several of you are looking for ways to give back, to give radically, to love radically. And now, to love Chronically :) Where I live (and I'm sure near where ever you live, too) there is a women's shelter. S and I have already gathered and donated things on their wish list, such as toiletries and washing soap. But I was thinking, what about Christmas? These women are often alone, no family around, nowhere to go. Sometimes they have children, and have to spend every little bit of resources they have so that their children can have a Christmas. But there is no one to love on them. But Christ loves them. And that, my friends, is a chronic kind of love. So for Christmas S and I will be collecting presents to donate to the women who take refuge at our local women's shelter. Things that we use to comfort ourselves. Quilts, candles, mugs and hot tea, bath and body stuff. Bibles. The things we take for granted. I know that there are so many people out there in need. I also know that around Christms time people work to take care of orphans or sick children, the homeless. But these women often get overlooked. They've been abused, hurt, and often have no where to go. Lets let them know that they are loved. I urge you to do the same for your local women's shelter. Lets show the abused women of our world that they are loved. Chronically.


chron·ic (krnk)
adj.
1. Of long duration; continuing: chronic money problems.
2. Lasting for a long period of time or marked by frequent recurrence, as certain diseases: chronic colitis.
3. Subject to a habit or pattern of behavior for a long time: a chronic liar.

The dictionary uses the word chronic in a negative way. Lets turn it into something beautiful.
1 Response
  1. Erin Says:

    I'm in girlie! I will gather some things from the Moore County side of the line! This is a great idea!


Post a Comment



  • I'm a wife. I'm a mom. I'm a photographer. I'm a lover of Jesus. My house is a mess, my kids are dirty, we eat take out more often than not. My life is loud, busy and crazy. And that's okay with me.

    This is Eric, the man you've been praying for. He's a paramedic. He quilts in his spare time. No, I couldn't make that up :) He has NASH (a form of liver disease, non-alcoholic) and diabetes, but those things don't define him. He's a man of God, an insanely wonderful husband, and the best daddy in the world.. Just ask these guys..

    Our daughter Ali, she's 9. She's fiercely opinionated and strong willed. She's a Daddy's girl, but the umbilical cord hasn't but cut from me, either. She's a gymnast, and proud of it. She spends more time upside down or turning flips than she does walking. She's crazy smart, and absolutely sure of it. She is my insufferable little know it all.

    Our son Dylan, 7. We lovingly refer to him as Chubs. Or Chubby. Or fat boy. Ahem. He is all boy, as you can see by his crazy wild energy. He has the highest pain tolerance of any child I have ever met. He plays soccer and does gymnastics, but truly he is a gamer, a nerd. He is an avid reader and loves to climb. Not to be outdone by his sister, he's a drama king, but to him, I'm the best mommy in the world.