Show Us Your Life - Wedding Dress
Welcome to the 'Show Us Where You Live' blog carnival started by Kelly. Hop on over to her blog and check out every one else's lives, too! Today we're doing Wedding Dresses. This is a fun one for me because I LOVED my wedding dress. I remember when we went to look for dresses at David's Bridal. I had already shown everyone a picture of the dress I wanted. I had written down the model number and everything. Everyone was like no, we don't really like that dress. Of course I didn't really care. We walked in and I handed the lady the model number and she was like wow, a prepared bride. How.. new. HA. She got the dress, I put it on and everyone immediately was like, yes, that's the one! I had to bite my lip on all the 'I told you so's' :) Looking back now I would have done a million things differently, but I was young, and pretty much let everyone plan my wedding for me. I mean, for Pete's sake my husband picked out the flowers lol. Anyhow here it is!



Excuse the green carpet:) We wanted to get married where we would be attending, and not in just some pretty church. So we settled for the lime green. It goes nicely, don't ya think? :)















These are my Bride's Maids. They picked out their dresses, and I was so glad to be getting married I didn't really care. If I could go back and choose, this wouldn't be the dress they wore, but again, I tried arguing, and it didn't work. All of my bride's maids were teenagers, so they wanted 'young' dresses. Well, that's what they got. But it all worked out in the end. The two girls on my sides are my cousins, and then the girl on the right was my BFF at the time. I sincerely wish 'S' could have been there.



This is us. I think this is supposed to be our official wedding picture, or something. Not sure. I never did get any pictures printed out, and we didn't do any artsy fartsy pictures like I would have liked either, but we were in a hurry.


















































This is my very favorite wedding picture. Just thought I would throw that in there :)

On a side note, I would just like to let everyone know that we had our six year wedding anniversary in May. We have two kids, ages 5 and 3. Last week I went and cleaned out our storage facility and thought 'I wonder if I'll fit into my wedding dress'? And I DID!! Okay, well, I sorta did. I couldn't zip it all the way to the top, but then, we all know what happens when we have kids:) Hop you guys enjoyed.
4 Responses
  1. chubmoma Says:

    I just found your blog through the wedding gown blog hop. As I usually do when looking, I read back a bit.

    I have sat here crying for you. I hope you are getting counseling through a professional or your pastor. I am old enough to be your mother--58. I, too, was molested by two family members. I have worked through it all these years. It was my step-grandfather and my cousin (step-son of my uncle). I look back now and think that someone could have seen the signs. I loved my grandma and she was happy with her husband. I now think that she might posssibly have known about it, but felt that it was sort of ok, because maybe it had happened to her when she was little. Things were very different back in her day, the early 1900's. Things started to be very different for me when I was 4. My dad and mom never knew. My dad would have been shooting people. I was an only child and daddy's little girl.

    As for the cousin, I have always been very uncomfortable around him even as an adult. I still avoid seeing him. My heart breaks for you. Please know that I will keep you in my prayers. I will keep reading your blog. Hope I can offer you some comfort.

    Maybe I should have e-mailed this, but your story just struck at my very being. Connie


  2. this is crazy but i believe that you and Lyryn have the same wedding dress!! ;)


  3. Courtney Says:

    Connie, I wish I knew what to say right now. It's been a very long, stressful, exhausting week. Thank you so much for your kind words, your encouragement. Your support. I would really like to keep in touch. Maybe you could email me sometime. I wish I was capable of saying more rightnow, I'm just not. Thank you, again. So much!


  4. Hey--actually it was a dark brown bow and the girls dresses were brown too but its hard to see in the pictures. However, the boys did wear black tuxes.

    ;)


Post a Comment



  • I'm a wife. I'm a mom. I'm a photographer. I'm a lover of Jesus. My house is a mess, my kids are dirty, we eat take out more often than not. My life is loud, busy and crazy. And that's okay with me.

    This is Eric, the man you've been praying for. He's a paramedic. He quilts in his spare time. No, I couldn't make that up :) He has NASH (a form of liver disease, non-alcoholic) and diabetes, but those things don't define him. He's a man of God, an insanely wonderful husband, and the best daddy in the world.. Just ask these guys..

    Our daughter Ali, she's 9. She's fiercely opinionated and strong willed. She's a Daddy's girl, but the umbilical cord hasn't but cut from me, either. She's a gymnast, and proud of it. She spends more time upside down or turning flips than she does walking. She's crazy smart, and absolutely sure of it. She is my insufferable little know it all.

    Our son Dylan, 7. We lovingly refer to him as Chubs. Or Chubby. Or fat boy. Ahem. He is all boy, as you can see by his crazy wild energy. He has the highest pain tolerance of any child I have ever met. He plays soccer and does gymnastics, but truly he is a gamer, a nerd. He is an avid reader and loves to climb. Not to be outdone by his sister, he's a drama king, but to him, I'm the best mommy in the world.