Show Us Where You Live Friday - Master Bed

Well it's time to show off where we live again. Not that you really want to know where I live. Not that this is really what it looks like on a regular basis. In fact, my room is such a mess right now, I wouldn't let you in if you were a paramedic and I was bleeding to death. Unless of course, you were my husband, who is a paramedic. Then I wouldn't have a choice. But since you're not him, you'll just have to look at these pretty pictures of what my room does look like when it's clean. And some of my favorite things in my room, too!

This is our bed.
We got a king size when our daughter was born and have never regretted it! As you can see we don't have a headboard, foot board, or bed skirt (well, I guess you can't see that in this picture!). There was a bed skirt at one time, but it got stepped on so much it tore, and I gave up. As for the headboard and foot board, my husband thinks it's a waste of money, and I tend to agree. I've thought of making a headboard with curtains before like this :
I just haven't done it yet. I think it's a cute idea and a cheap way to fix a blank spot on the wall. If I do I'll post a picture of it :)

This is the view from standing by the bathroom door.

See the pretty ceiling fan? ( you can see it better in the first pic) My talented hubby put it, and all of the ceiling fans in our house for that matter. And I'm really grateful for that right now seeing as this is what I saw when I turned my car on today..


That and our air isn't working right. Yeah. Thankful for both of those fans (there's an ugly white fan in the corner, if you look closely. BTW Lyryn, that's my cellular comp for the week since I've been slacking, and all. :) Moving on.

I got this clock at one of my wedding showers. I didn't hang it on the wall for about... umm 4 years. Then when I finally did hang it on the wall, I discovered that even though it didn't have a second hand, it still ticked, and I can NOT sleep in a room with a ticking clock. So one night, at exactly ten til 2 in the morning I yanked it off the wall, threw the batteries on the floor and put it back on the wall. HA.

This candle holder now sits on top of my TV. Mom got it at a thrift store and I love it. I'm a total dragonfly freak.

It was a very sad day indeed when Coca Cola decided to cancel their Coke Blak. Sigh. I think my heart broke a little that day. For those of you that don't know, Coke Blak is a coke drink mixed with coffee. It was absolutely delicious. I would go every Sunday morning before church and get two, on for me and one for mom. Recently Mom was in Atlanta and got me this, as a reminder of the good ole days.
It sits on top of a picture frame with a pic of me and my parents on it. In the box is a bunch of stuff from my high school days. Ah, the good 'ole days.

This is Melman. He's my pet Giraffe. Actually, every giraffe anything I own is named Melman. Can anyone tell me why? Melman Mankowitz :)

And last but oh most certainly not least is my favorite thing in the room.
This is the quilt my husband had made for me for Mother's Day and our Anniversary. It's red silk with dragonflies all over and a black border. I love love love it. :)

Okay, so now that you've seen what I want you to think my room looks like, I'll sign off. The natives are getting restless. Umm, I mean, the kids are getting ready to settle down for bed, I, er, umm.. yeah that's it.. ready for bed. muahahahaha.


0 Responses

Post a Comment



  • I'm a wife. I'm a mom. I'm a photographer. I'm a lover of Jesus. My house is a mess, my kids are dirty, we eat take out more often than not. My life is loud, busy and crazy. And that's okay with me.

    This is Eric, the man you've been praying for. He's a paramedic. He quilts in his spare time. No, I couldn't make that up :) He has NASH (a form of liver disease, non-alcoholic) and diabetes, but those things don't define him. He's a man of God, an insanely wonderful husband, and the best daddy in the world.. Just ask these guys..

    Our daughter Ali, she's 9. She's fiercely opinionated and strong willed. She's a Daddy's girl, but the umbilical cord hasn't but cut from me, either. She's a gymnast, and proud of it. She spends more time upside down or turning flips than she does walking. She's crazy smart, and absolutely sure of it. She is my insufferable little know it all.

    Our son Dylan, 7. We lovingly refer to him as Chubs. Or Chubby. Or fat boy. Ahem. He is all boy, as you can see by his crazy wild energy. He has the highest pain tolerance of any child I have ever met. He plays soccer and does gymnastics, but truly he is a gamer, a nerd. He is an avid reader and loves to climb. Not to be outdone by his sister, he's a drama king, but to him, I'm the best mommy in the world.