A New Day
It's beautiful out. I am again lying on the couch, feeling the breeze sporadically come in on me. The kids are driving their daddy's old cars on the coffee table. I'm contemplating going and laying in the sun for a while. I know it won't do me much good, but it might make me feel better. I generally feel better after being in the sun. The moments are sweet. Hearing them play together, feeling the peace, the calmness of my family. This is my family. And I couldn't have asked for a better one.

I don't have much to say. Later today we'll head to my grandmother's, and then to the rehearsal dinner. Oh that should be a blast let me tell you. Well, actually my mother just called and said we're headed down there now so the kids can play in the pool and get some sun before this shindig. Love you all, really I do.

Pray, you know if you're the praying type.
1 Response
  1. Just Be Real Says:

    Dear one you do not always have to have a lot to say, just share what is on your heart. I do hope you did go into the sun, as it does lift the spirits a bit. Thinking and praying for you! Blessings.


Post a Comment



  • I'm a wife. I'm a mom. I'm a photographer. I'm a lover of Jesus. My house is a mess, my kids are dirty, we eat take out more often than not. My life is loud, busy and crazy. And that's okay with me.

    This is Eric, the man you've been praying for. He's a paramedic. He quilts in his spare time. No, I couldn't make that up :) He has NASH (a form of liver disease, non-alcoholic) and diabetes, but those things don't define him. He's a man of God, an insanely wonderful husband, and the best daddy in the world.. Just ask these guys..

    Our daughter Ali, she's 9. She's fiercely opinionated and strong willed. She's a Daddy's girl, but the umbilical cord hasn't but cut from me, either. She's a gymnast, and proud of it. She spends more time upside down or turning flips than she does walking. She's crazy smart, and absolutely sure of it. She is my insufferable little know it all.

    Our son Dylan, 7. We lovingly refer to him as Chubs. Or Chubby. Or fat boy. Ahem. He is all boy, as you can see by his crazy wild energy. He has the highest pain tolerance of any child I have ever met. He plays soccer and does gymnastics, but truly he is a gamer, a nerd. He is an avid reader and loves to climb. Not to be outdone by his sister, he's a drama king, but to him, I'm the best mommy in the world.